Unknown lover

Special thanks to my three lovely readers who added this oneshot to their reading list. This part is for you guys...

"Damn bike, didn't start, shit why it has to be Friday, a damn working day?" I fumed, cursing in my mind. I kicked my bike again for ditching me and started walking out of the parking lot. Huffing, "Guess I've to walk to the bus stop and take a bus, before that I've to grab some food. Thank god, the weather is so nice for a walk, though I'm not type enjoying things, it might help a bit with relaxing my mind. Luckily, I'm little earlier today or else I wouldn't be able to make it on time. Really imagining me being late, that could be the worst nightmare, because it'll definitely bring me a bad credit or some possible damage in my internship. Damn, no way, this is my dream, I've always dreamt of working in the XXX company, expect they're too strict on their interns, but I've somehow got my internship there, after struggling a lot" I sighed, while my foot marched towards the nearest food court. "Relax Win'' I took a deep breath. "Maybe, I can take this opportunity to explore my surroundings, since shifting to my new dorm last Saturday; I didn't have much time going around my neighbourhood. Saturday was enough to unpack my stuffs and Sunday I rested the whole day, and I already spared a little time, only to find the nearby bus stops, then of course, a food court = 'basic need' being with zero-cooking skills, you obviously have to figure out one, right?. The following days I was too busy with my internship and college works. I-" those rambling words in my mind stopped when I heard someone laughing. Just in time my foot too paused, I looked around for someone laughing, but all I managed to find, is a couple and some passing-by vehicles on the road at distance; I'm standing alone in the pavement. I blinked totally confused. "Ghost won't wander around in the day time right? So..." Once more I heard the same laughing sound but this time, I noticed how sweet it is, like I really want to hear it again and again, I turned my head up to my left in the direction of this melodious music, there stands a young boy speaking on his mobile, leaning on the first floor balcony railing of his apartment? Could be a college student? I must admit, he is so good-looking; his stunning facial features got my eyes at the first sight just displayed in the morning sun, way too handsome. His eyes closed forming a crescent while smiling, his smooth chubby cheeks, and his pink lips I could surely say they're soft... his voice so... his breath taking smile... made me smile in response. I didn't realize that I've been staring at him, until my mobile buzzed with a notification. "What are you doing Win? What if he finds you staring at him? Idiot'', I scolded myself as I gained my conscience. Taking one last look at him, I started walking and told myself, "Ok, now I have to make it quick to the food court or I'll be late".

      Then, I strolled to the food court and had breakfast. I didn't have to wait for a long time for the bus, so I reached the company at time. Throughout the day, the image of the boy's face disturbed me a lot, also I imagined myself with the guy spending happy time together. "Oh, Win, what happened to you today?" I questioned myself. "Is this how one would feel in love at first sight?", "Do I love him? No way, I don't, how could I? I don't even know his name? Or who he is?..." plus, I don't believe in love at first sight. "Maybe I like him but I'm sure it's not love". I'm not certain if it's a good idea, maybe I should try speaking to the guy? I want to see him again; perhaps I might have a chance. "Stop, for now, I've to concentrate on my work, concentrate Win, concentrate". I put aside the mini- debate going on inside my mind and tried to concentrate on my work.

        Its evening now, I somehow managed at work, not thinking about 'the guy' and I'm on my way back to my dorm. As I reached the same spot in front his apartment, I had an unfamiliar need to stop there, so I decided to wait to see him. And so, now I'm sitting in the stone bench placed exactly opposite to his apartment, wishing I could meet him. 10 minutes passed, but there is no sign of him. I'm really tired from working whole day, lifting myself, I trailed towards my place.

         It's time for dinner; my stomach is grumbling demanding for food. I reached the food court to calm down my angry stomach. Having a nice dinner, I started walking back. My head automatically tilted up to see the first floor of the apartment in search of the boy but all I could find is pitch darkness except for the little light pouring from the street lights as the ones in the room are turned off. Maybe he went to bed early... Tomorrow I'll try to see him. Letting out a deep sigh, I went on my way.

End of Win's POV

        He waited and waited there every day for him but to no avail, nothing happened. He even went to see him in the apartment but too bad for his luck it had no trace of human presence anymore. He thought of asking the apartment neighbours about the boy but he had his common sense saying that would be like stalking, also what if they ask who he is to the boy, and not to forget, he doesn't know anything about the boy, even his name. Yet, he hoped and hoped to meet him one day...

          After almost one year later, while watching TV he tried changing the channel, and there was that guy telecasted in a news channel for winning the national championship in swimming. He couldn't believe his eyes, he found the boy and his name. He had never felt that much happiness before in his life time. Then, he searched for the boy's intsagram-ID. Why not, most of the people have an account in some social media, like an instagram account, right? He prayed to god that the boy had one, and omg, he found the account "TeamTeerayu Siriyothin_" . There he finds it with the post "happiest day of my life'' followed by two pictures; one is Team with a bright smile decorating his face, and with his left hand he is holding his gold medals, and that made Win to smile proudly as if the boy is his boyfriend for real. The next one has a 'ring' in Team's palm? He guesses... with the caption "she said yes". As soon as he saw the caption his smile disappeared and he felt a little needle prickling in his heart as it broke all his hope of meeting the guy and those thoughts is now crowded by darkness. It's like he blacked out from exhaustion, he couldn't grasp what's happening. Surprise after surprise, unexpected things happened all of the sudden. One of them made him feel extremely happy but the next nearly knocked him out. Slowly, he relaxed taking the reality in, he consoled himself; at least, he knows the name of the boy now, and tried to feel happy for Team. Though, he had never met him again, he stilled liked him. Anyways Team will always remain in his heart as an unknown lover boy.

Flashback:

Back to the day when Win first saw Team,

It was a fine Friday morning, leaning on railing; Team was speaking to someone on his phone.

.

.

Team : Yeah, yeah, I remember.

........ : What did my friends said?

Team : You missed the scene, you should've seen your friend Manaow's face when I said we're moving together. Her reaction was hahaha... really funny hahaha

....... : really?

Team : Yeah, I should've taken a photo of her reaction; then I'd have died laughing whenever I get to see that picture Hahahaha...

......... : Hmm, are you done with packing the stuffs?

Team : Yup, I already did it.

........ : I've little more stuff to pack.

Team : I'm really happy, and excited, urgh, I can't wait anymore.

........ : Ohhh, you've to wait till tomorrow, just one day then we'll be together forever.

Team : Oneee damn day, I can't wait to see you. I miss you.

......... : I miss you too, OK, I've to pack the remaining, see you tomorrow, bye.

Team : I love you, bye.

This is just a part of the phone conversation between Team and his girlfriend, that happened when Win first saw Team in his apartment. The very next day, Team moved in with his girlfriend.

And that's why our poor Win didn't get a chance to meet him again.

Thank you my lovely readers...