Prolouge

"NO" I scream my voice cracking tears falling from my face and my heart filling with anguish. I watched as my father gets ripped out of our small tent and couple miles from The Nameless city. "Please stop, please what do you want from us!"

"I WANT YOU TO SHUT THE FUCK UP" The tall man in all black screams in my face making me cry even louder which earned me a punch in the gut. Silvia streaming from my mouth mixing with the snot and tear running down my face. I lay on the ground unable to speak due to the pain in my abdomen. I couldn't  see but I could hear daddy and the man talking. My vision was getting fuzzy I'm not sure what happening but I have to help daddy he's all I have left.

"Please sir I just need more time... Ill give you your money soon please leave me" My daddy pleads for his own life not sparing me a glance. The man in black lets out a boisterous laugh. "Just you? Not the poor little girl that's begging me to spare your life?" He laughs again finding the situation amusing.

"I could care less what you do to her! Just spare my life please sir she is no child of mine" I finch when he sends a glare my way. Why was he acting like this I thought he loved me after all we've been through! I knew daddy was not a great man, but I didn't think he would take it this far. The tall man looks between us and raises an eyebrow with a smirk signaling he just had an idea. He looks over to me with a dark sinister grin stretched on his face but he's eyes remained emotionless

"I have a perfect game for this" his smile widens and he continues "Only one of you is making it out of her alive. In other words"  the next words that came out of his mouth made my heart wrench in horror and my breathing heavy. "Fight. To. The. Death"

I look over to my dad horrified, his eyes slightly twitching with a manic look in them, any other day I would 100% believe he wouldn't do anything to physically harm me, but right now I wasn't to sure.

He lets out a loud scream before charging at me, I jump out the way barely being able to dodge, my frail body being stricken with hunger made me weak but the beating on top of that made it even worse. He lunges at me again only this time he managed to grab me as I was not fast enough to run away.

"Daddy please its me Talon YOUR DAUGHTER" I scream struggling to breathe as he wraps his hand around my tiny throat. Am I going to die here? I don't want to die please mommy help me! But my prayers go unheard I try to pry his hands from around my neck but my attempt is unsuccessful "SHUT UP YOU WERE NEVER MY DAUGHTER IVE ALWAYS HATED YOU! DIE! DIE! DIE JUST DIE!" He yells as spit flies out his mouth on my face.

It was then that I decided that I wanted to live. If I wanted to make it out of here alive Ill have to fight for my life. I remove my hands from his wrist and stick my fingers in his eyes and hard as I can, I watch as blood flowed from his eyes down my arm and on to my ratty white T-shirt. He loosened his grip around me so I take the chance to push him off of me and scurry away. The man in all black silently walks behind my dad watching him gravel in pain at his feet. "What asshole tries to kill his kid just to pay off a debt?" He shakes his head and smacks his lips "Ill see you in hell bitch." He says before shooting my dad in the back of his head. Blood splattering everywhere as I watch my fathers lifeless body hit the ground with a loud thud. My emotions go numb and I feel nothing as my fathers lifeless eyes stare into my soul.

The man in black walks over to me but this time I don't flinch away I just stare at him hoping for him to kill me next my will to live suddenly fading. "Eugh, don't stare at me like that kid its creepy and quite  frankly I did you a favor. Listen If you leave now and promise not to tell anyone I wont transfer your fathers debt onto you" he holds his hand up waiting for me to shake it "Deal?" I shake his hand not wanting to be involved in my fathers old business. "Great now get out of here If you go that way you'll end up in the nameless city you'll probably survive there." He shrugs and lifts my fathers corpses. He turns to me one last time "Good Luck kid" He salutes before walking into the darkness.
————

Y'all rocking with the new book 🤨⁉️

I'll put what the characters look like in the next chapter!