⁰⁷. ❞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝❞

''  "ᵒⁿᵉ ᵒᶠ ᵃ ᵏᶦⁿᵈ" ''

✧─✧──✧─────────────────────────────✧──✧─✧

Feeling a light touch tracing his features, Sunoh's eyes fluttered open and soon focused on Nari who was gazing up at him while her index finger hovered over his lips.

Retracting her hand, Nari moved away from him as she asked, "Did I wake you up? I'm sorry..."

Sunoh shook his head lightly, offering her a smile. "Good morning," he greeted her, reaching out to tuck a loose strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Good morning," Nari greeted back, a soft smile playing on her lips. "Sleeping in the cinema was surprisingly a lot more comfortable than I thought it would be."

As he sat up, Sunoh hummed in agreement. "It was." He paused for a moment before quietly adding, "I haven't slept that well in a long time. Thank you."

Nari's smile widened slightly as she leant forwards and wrapped her arms around him, resting her chin on his shoulder lightly while continuing to look up at him. As he wrapped his arms around her to pull her closer to him, she softly said, "You're welcome. Thank you, too—I haven't been able to sleep well for a while now and my messed up sleep schedule has been bothering me somewhat. But with you here beside me, I slept well—very well. So thank you."

Sunoh smiled as he ran his hand through her hair, loving the feeling of her soft dark tresses slipping through his fingers. "You're welcome."

─🌊─

The couple slowly walked back to Nari's house while holding hands and making light conversations every now and then. Mostly, though, they stayed silent and enjoyed the comfort that each other's company brought them.

When they finally stopped by the fence running around the cottage-like house, Nari turned to face Sunoh while taking a hold of his other hand with her free one so that she was holding both of them. "Thank you so much for yesterday," she said, offering him a gentle smile. "And for today too—thank you. It was a wonderful first date which I'll never forget."

Sunoh returned her smile as he gave her hands a gentle squeeze. "Me neither. It truly was amazing...thank you, too. I'll keep the memory in my heart forever."

They slowly let go of one another's hands, Sunoh watching the dark-haired girl as she made her way through the gate and up the path to the porch of her house. She turned back, waving to him with a smile on her face.

"Wait," he called out to her, raising his voice so that she could hear him, "Stay like that!"

Nari froze with her hand in the air, tilting her head to the side curiously as she wondered what he was up to while watching Sunoh rummage around in his pockets. She saw him take his phone out and angle it towards her, the corners of her lips twitching upwards again. Though she knew what he was up to, she still raised her voice to ask, "What are you doing?"

"Taking a picture so that it'll last longer," he replied, smiling when she chuckled at him and taking a photo quickly while the genuine smile was still playing on her lips.

"Let me take one of you too," Nari called as he lowered his phone, taking her own out and raising it to take a photo a Sunoh. "Smile~!" 

Sunoh did, but it looked a little stiff. He had always been quick to become shy whenever someone told him to smile, and for some reason he was terrible at posing for photos taken by friends despite his successful career as a model.