Reunion

Hi all,

Just a warning before we begin there will be language in this book so read at your own discretion. Also I am just writing for fun, so if I get any DC knowledge wrong I am sorry. I am not an expert.

Many thanks,
H

Deadshot shot was in his cell, pummelling his punchbag. Letters from his daughter were spread messily across the bed. Captain Boomerang was also in his cell, screaming at the top of his lungs, as usual. Killer Croc was in his hole in the ground sleeping, he couldn't tell whether it was night or day anymore. They all had the same thing on their minds. Harley Quinn. Ever since they had heard of her escape, she was all they could think about. However, when they had heard about the break up between her and Joker, they were all massively concerned for her safety, though they would never show it.

Harley irritated a lot of people, Deadshot even had to stop a few members of the Suicide Squad from killing her. But out there, alone in the world, anything could happen to her. Over the years, a target had been painted on her back in blood, and people were surely going to come for it. However, their immediate worries were washed away, when they remembered the elevator incident. That was the moment they realised why she was with them. Obviously they had heard the stories, but they always assumed it was just the Joker.

But, no matter how hard they tried, they couldn't get the nagging feeling in the back of their heads, to go away. She had never been on her own before, even in prison they all still had each other.

Their worries about Harley were quickly replaced with new ones, as a bright light engulfed them and they fell into darkness.

The same thing happened with Dr. Moon and Rick Flag who were enjoying their honeymoon. And it happened again with Katana, then again with the Birds of Prey. Until finally Harley and Cassandra were eaten up by the light.

They all woke up simultaneously, and went, immediately, into survival mode, except Harley, of course. Huntress aimed her crossbow at Deadshot, who realised quickly that he had no weapons, so he tackled Renee to the ground and stole her weapon. With a gun now aimed at Huntress, Harley decided it was time to step in.

"Woah, woah, woah. Guys, calm down. We're all friends here." She said, stepping in between the pair.

"Harley?" Everyone questioned, except Cassandra. They hadn't seen their crazy friend for a long time so they were curious, as to why she was suddenly here. Harley decided to speak to Deadshot first.

"Hey, crack shot. How you doing?"

"Harls. What are you doing here?" He asked, before she could answer, however, they were interrupted by the Black Canary.

"Wait, Harley. You know these guys?" She asked. Harley just rolled her eyes at her.

"Well, obviously. We're the Suicide Squad. Honestly, you save the world and no-one even knows your name."

"Just can't get the staff." Captain Boomerang said, in his Australian accent. It made Harley giddy to see all her old friends again, so she held her bat between her hands and pulled it over her head. She made his way over to him, and he subtly put his arm over her shoulder, to make sure she was safe.

"Hey there, Frisbee. I missed you."

"It's not a frisbee." The Squad gave him a knowing look, which made him grumble. "It's really not. You're a bad bitch, you know that."

"Yeah, I do." She let go of the bat, with one hand, and let it swing into his stomach. He let out a groan, which was followed by howls of laughter from the Squad. The Birds of Prey just watched the interaction with confusion written all over their faces, Harley noticed this, but decided to come to them later. "Oh, you're married!" She exclaimed excitedly, when she saw the wedding ring on June's finger.

"Yep. Just last week." Rick replied, grabbing June's hand. Harley moved away from them, and approached the others. The Birds tightened their grasp on their weapons when Harley approached Killer Croc.

"Hi, Handsome." She said waving he hand. He let out a small chuckle and a smile graced his face. This made the newcomers relax a bit. Then Harley made her way over to the last member she needed to greet.

"Hello, Missy. Shh, don't tell the others but I missed you the most." Katana was getting ready to attack so Rick placed a hand in front of her to stop her. Harley let out a giggle, and then turned back to Deadshot.

"Harls, I think a few introductions are in order. And since you know everyone here, I think you should do it."

"Oh, fun!" Harley exclaimed, clapping her hands together. Deadshot rolled his eyes and immediately regretted his decision. "Ok, then. Guys." She gestured to the Birds, then back to the Squad. "These are the guys. This is Deadshot, Capatin Frisbee."

"Boomerang!" He corrected.

"Oh, whatever. Then, this is Rick Flag and Dr. June Moon. And the big guy is Killer Croc, then last, but not least, there's Katana."

"Hi." Deadhot said coldly. "So, who are these guys? And why are they wearing shitty costumes?"

"At least we're not in prison outfits." Renee shot back.

"Stop fighting!" Harley shouted, which shocked everyone into silence. "Thank you. Now these are the Birds of Prey. This is Huntress, the Black Canary and Renee Montoya."

Harley walked over to Cassandra and put an arm around her.

"And this is Cassandra Cane. My apprentice."

"Apprentice?!" The Squad all questioned, at once. Deadshot smiled slightly, it was good to know that Harley now had a kid in her life too.

"Yes." She replied matter-of-factly. Then her eyes drifted behind both groups, and her face lit up. "Ooh, a TV." She ran and jumped on the middle sofa, in front of it. Deadshot ran up to her, and stood protectively over her. "So, what are we watching?"

Suddenly words appeared on the screen, answering Harley's question.

'You are going to be watching your stories, your past. Or, more specifically, the past of one Harleen Quinzel. Do not worry, none of you are in any danger. All you need to do is watch the stories play out, and then you are free to leave. Enjoy!'

Harley clapped her hands excitedly, and the others went to sit with her. Deadshot sat on one side of her with Cassandra on the other. Next to Cassandra, on the next sofa along, was Renee, Canary, and Huntress. Then on the sofa next to Deadshot, was Killer Croc, Captain Boomerang and Katana. Finally, at the sofa furthest away, sat June and Rick.

Harley sat with her legs crossed, and was now happily munching away on some popcorn, that had miraculously appeared. However, she almost choked when she realised what the screen had said. They were going to see her past. They were going to see every dark day, every nightmare. They were going to see that she used to be just like them.

She used to be normal.