A Note From The Author (For Readers, Guardians, & Teachers)

"Excalibur's Heir" was going to be a one teen novel story, however due to how I wanted to go about it I decided it would be better to do it as a series.

The main cast are 17-year-olds, however the readers' age is 15+. It's rated 15+ because it's usually going to be foul language and some suggestive humor.

On the rare occasions, it'll have at least some mild mature content.

Regardless of the reasons or the age rating. There are certain areas, topics, experiences, and other things in life that any teen can be going through regardless of their age.

.:: - + - + - + - + ::.

LGBTQA+ 

Acceptance, Relationships, Identifying, Diversity, Allies, Ignorance, Etc.

.:: - - - - ::.

Inner Struggles A.K.A. Mental health/Emotional health 

Insecurities, Death Of A Loved One, Locking Up Emotions, Secrecy, Anxiety, Depression, Fears, Abandonment, Moving On From The Past, Learning From The Past, Wishing To Be A Legal Adult, "Talking To Your Childhood/Preteen Self," Suicidal Thoughts/Self Harm/Suicide Attempts Etc.

.:: - - - - ::.

Society's [Narrow] Views 

Gender Norms, Relationships, Growing up, Media's Influences, Disabilities, Stereo Types, Etc.

.:: - - - - ::.

Race/Ethnicity 

Stereo Types, Diversity, Inter-Racial Couples, Racism, Etc.

.:: - - - - ::.

Family 

Accepting Love, Toxic Relationships, Healthy Relationships, Abandonment, Parental Figures/Role Models, Sibling Figures, Inter-Racial, Same Gendered Parents, Divorce, Members Who Are Also Best Friends, Traditions, Absent Parent(s), Etc.

.:: - - - - ::.

Friends 

Toxic Relationships, Healthy Relationships, Real Or Faux, Growth, Diversity, Long Distance, Long Term Friendships/Friends Since Childhood, Reuniting With Friends From The Past, Family Friends/Friends Who Are More Like Family, Etc.

.:: - - - - ::.

School 

Cliques, Popularity, Bullies/Harassment/Rumors/Manipulation, Blame Games, Peer Pressure, Wanting/NOT Wanting To Fit In, Being The New Kid, Coming/Back From Homeschooling, Great VS. Bad Teachers, Etc.

.:: - - - - ::.

Romance 

Acceptance, Toxic Relationships, Healthy Relationships, Best Friends First; Significant Others Second, Going Forward, Taking It Slow, Abstinence, Breakups/Heartbreaks, Betrayal, Moving On, "Puppy Love"/First Love, Etc.

.:: - - - - ::.

"Taboo Topics" 

Sex And Consent, Safety And Protection, "Intimate Self Care", Menstrual cycles, Puberty, Religious Views VS. Non-Religious Views, Etc.

.:: - - - - ::.

Self 

Individuality, Dreams, Wishes, Hopes, Goals, Growing Up/older, Self Reflection, Interests, Toxic Relationships, Healthy Relationships, Growing Up VS. Growing Older, Etc.

.:: - + - + - + - + ::.

Yes this is a fantasy adventure based story.

But the majority of the characters that are seen here are 17-year-olds.

Although there are a few adults that look out for them.

.:: = + = ::.

For the adult characters that guide the teens (and the kids)

Are they adults you wish you had/have in your life in addition to the supportive adults you have/had in real life? 

Do you think you can look up to any of them?

.:: - - - - ::.

For the teens (and the kids)

Do you relate to them? Do they relate to you?

Are they someone you would want to be one of your friends/best friends? 

Would you like it if they were your sibling(s)? 

Do you think you can look up to any of them?

.:: - + - + - + - + ::.

I decided over time I wanted to do more than just a cliché fantasy story. I wanted it to be also one that was coming of age for any gender, race, orientation, etc. 

Yes some of these topics are sensitive and possibly taboo to many. However they are also progressive and important in life growing up. 

Not every teen is the same. Which can be difficult for some to understand. 

They may not be going through the same things as another teen is going through. Even if it's their best friend they've known forever. 

Or they may be going through something that I touched on above already. 

.:: - - - - ::.

Regardless at the same time not every teen being the same is a good thing. That's what individuality means. 

Still though understanding yourself, others around you, milestones/experiences, etc. are all still important nonetheless.

.:: - + - + - + - + ::.

We all know you are only a teenager for a few years, before you hit legal adulthood. 

So let's accept that fact. 

After all there's a difference between growing up and growing older.

XOXO

Paige T. Robkoff

(The Author Of The "Excalibur's Heir" Book Series)