THE START

Family

At the age of nine that is what Bella valued the most. The only thing she thought about was her mother and father holding her in their arms telling her how much they loved her.

Family brought Bella the safety and love any child needed and when her mother informed her that she would have a baby brother Bella could only grow excited. The thoughts of her having an even bigger family with even more love brought joy to the girls heart.

So when her baby brother Peter had been born her mind filled with ideas of playing games and having parties with her even bigger family.

But those ideas slowly became only empty promises when the reality struck.

The older peter grew the more Bella had grown distant in her parents mind. She watched as they would dance around with Peter singing songs of love and happiness while she sat forgotten alone.

Four years go by and Peter had gotten older and even started talking. Bella had started to stray away from the family during her teen years staying in the background. She knew that fighting for the attention would only make it worse so she just spectated. She watched as her happy little family slowly forgot about her.

On the occasional day Bella would hang out with Peter like normal siblings. She would dress him up as his favorite characters and played with him for hours. For years Bella wished she could hate her smaller brother for taking the family she loved away but she couldn't. Peter didn't ask to do this and Bella would never blame him for something he had no control over, Bella loved her brother and nothing would change that for her.

Bella had finally come to terms with how life would be for now on, Peter getting all of the attention all the love while she would love them all from afar.

But even then the sudden pang in her chest when they would hold him and whisper the same things they whispered to her long ago would cause her to silently break little by little.
——————-
On one typically quiet day Bella sat alone in her room observing the same scenery across the street from her window when her father entered her room.

"Bella, your mother and I have a last minute business trip so you and Peter will stay with aunt May for a while okay?" He rushed out struggling to fix his tie at the doorway.

Bella smiled at her father's clumsiness.

"When will you guys be back?" She questioned.

"Soon, sweetheart." He spoke quickly walking in to place a small kiss on her forehead before rushing out of the room yelling out to his wife that he needed help.

Bella wanted to ask more but she knew that they would be back soon they always did. On the plus side aunt May always gave an equal amount of care to the two children so Bella wasn't going to protest.

An hour later Bella rushed down the steps to greet her aunt May.

"Aunt May!" She squealed wrapping her arms around the woman.

"Hey, Bambi I missed you." Aunt may smiled hugging back.

Bella looked up with a wide grin brown eyes growing bigger by the second. Bella felt truly happy in moments like these, where no one was forgotten, where she was equal.