The Stages Of Grief

~AZIRAPHALE POV~

Aziraphale felt it happen. He felt the pain like it was happening to him. He was on the verge of opening up up the bookshop for the day when he staggered to the floor. This had a tendency to happen whenever something horrific had happened. Whenever there was a large loss of life Aziraphale would find himself grasping for air. He'd find his body being ripped apart and his voice stolen away. Tears fell from his face in an agonizing sting.

He'd not felt anything this severe in centuries. He'd plead with the almighty to never feel anything like it again. He gripped his chest that knives stabbed into and with fierce reluctance let his angelic side separate from his body to witness first hand the disaster that could cause such a painful reaction.

His blood turned cold and his eyes widened. Why hadn't he been warned? He could've stopped all of this had heaven informed him. Had she informed him. He closed in on himself while closing his eyes and returning to the bookshop, sobbing on the floor.

This was a type of evil Aziraphale didn't know how to cope with. He'd been around evil before. Many times but usually he'd have his best friend around to help him. Right now, Crowley was somewhere on the other side of the planet, doing a task for hell. He wondered if the demon even knew about what had happened today.

As the angel mourned what had just happened, his eyes widened. Barely a few days ago, he'd gone to visit a beautiful woman. A woman heaven had wanted for their own. A woman Aziraphale had cared for from afar since birth. Her soul was amongst the most pure.

Aziraphale remembered talking with her the last time he'd seen her. Laughing with her. Watching her feed the homeless and taking strays to the vet then to shelters. It was the first time he'd had the chance to meet her. At least so far as she'd remember.

Aziraphale understood in meeting her why heaven was so keen on her soul. She not only was of a greater amount of purity than Aziraphale had ever remember feeling from a human, but she was also one of very few humans to spread purity to others.

In an instant, Aziraphale had miracled himself to her home. He banged on her door, praying that she'd answer.

"Rebecca! Rebecca, let me in!" The angel yelled out. He knew that she shouldn't even be home at this time. But he still prayed anyway.

He miracled the door unlocked and rushed in, flying through every room in the house. Until he landed in her most beloved room. He stepped in and walked up to her most prized possession. Her beautiful piano.

The Angel had known as he hovered his hand above the bare keys what her fate had been that day. The tears fell from his eyes as he sunk to the ground.

"I'm sorry." He sobbed, using the piano to hold him. "I'm so so sorry Rebecca."

----------------------------------------------------------

~CROWLEY POV~

An intense feeling shot through the Demon's chest. He looked around, trying to figure out what had happened. He brushed it off. Still curious but not overly concerned. That was until about half an hour later when he felt a far more harsh version.

He gripped onto his chest. He leaned himself up against a glass window along the busy street he walked through. The burning sensation wrapped around his lungs. Slowly, the pain subsided.

The demon let out a hollow breath before raising his head to look into the window. He'd intended to erase the memory of his episode from any onlookers, only to be rather surprised when there were none. They were all too invested in what was happening on the television at the back.