Chapter 9

Patton's POV

Sooner...

That's the last thing Emile told me before leaving and I was alone again.

Alone.. All I knew with all of this. Why did I have to hurt Azar? Hurt Mari? My kiddos... I was right about Milo. He fit right in with the Darks and Mari.

Remy had Remus, Emile had Roman, Logan, Virgil and I were the last ones standing..

"How did it come to this..?" I asked the empty room and went to sleep.

Mari's POV

I had to plan this escape now. No time to waste.

I can't waste time when everything is crumbling down each passing second. The small Bombay lay on my desk as I made sketch, upon sketch, trying to figure out a foolproof plan to get him out of there and back to safety.

The design Azar gave me for the room was working wonders and made everything more efficient.

Remus helped manage some books I had to keep me from getting too many, most were from Azar per his recommendation. The one book on my desk looked me right in the face.

Of course.

How could I be so stupid?

'The Wish'

About this girl who wanted to be popular and made a wish which made it come true. My memory was a little foggy while trying to remember the details but maybe I could use this.

After all, Daydreams and Daymares typically came from wishes like this and what better way to free him than a wish?

I couldn't tell Milo, he had to make the wish. Him and his connection to Azar would be the only thing that would work.

I smiled and got up.

I knew what had to be done and I wasn't about to let some stupid snake boy take him.

Moth gave a soft mew which I summoned some string and set it down which gave me enough time to leave. I couldn't have him come along. It's too dangerous.

I walked to the library and sure enough there was Milo, reading.

I walked to him and sat next to him.

"If you could have one wish, any wish in the world, what would it be?"

I could tell he was thinking. A bit too lost in thought.

"Probably to be a good lover for the one I love." He shrugged.

"And that would be..?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"I'm just curious, please answer."

He sighed softly. "Azar.."

I held that wish, held it tight in my mind and left.

"Mari-"

But I was already out the door.

Later in the day

I walked to Janus, a smirk on my face.

"Why are you so smirky?"

"First, I'm sure that isn't a word and second, I know you have him."

"Who?" He asked nonchalantly.

"Don't play dumb. I know you have Azar locked in your room and I also know he will get out."

"Stalking me now, are you? That's pretty unbecoming."

"Me with you? Ew. Never. I'm a lesbian." I scoffed. "Besides, I have a wish to share with you."

"Ah yes. Your ability to handle wishes. What ever will you do?" He asked mockingly which made me role my eyes.

'I guess my wish is to be a good lover to Azar one day...'

Janus narrowed his eyes which made me smirk wider.

"I've seen them together in my dreams. They will be together and you will fall."

"Not if I pin the blame on the Virgil killing on Azar."

"They'd know you're lying."

"Don't be so sure; dear Mari."

I clenched my jaw and knew he wouldn't let this up.

I eventually walked away, giving him a dismissive hand as I walked into my room.

"That was quite a show, you gave, brava."

I turned. "Azar. You're okay!"

"Thanks to you and Milo.. Mind filling me in?"

We sat and I explained my wish ability. I explained everything about how I could take wishes and make them come true, along with my prophetic dreams. Of course the future isn't set in stone, so it may not happen but it made him smile.

"Marriage, hmm? Oh think that's a little too good to be true."

"You'll see, won't you? Anyway, he wished you free, I simply made it come true."

"And he doesn't know this?"

"No. Not a thing."

"Then I have a wish."

"Name it." He whispered it in my ear and my eyes saddened.

"You're sure? You could lose some of yourself!"

"It's worth it if I can become my own person."

I sighed and closed my eyes

'Get Virgil out of my head.. Please..'

I heard him scream and watched as he fell to the floor.

"Azar!" I yelled.

He kept screaming and soon Remus came in.

"What did you do?!" He shouted over the screaming.

"He wished to split! I couldn't say no!"

"Yes you can! You can't keep granting wishes if you know they're painful."

Soon there were two guys on the floor. One Azar and the other was most likely Virgil. "Welcome back, Emo." Remus teased which made Virgil rolled his eyes.

"How did you do that?"

So I explained everything yet again which made him nod.

"I should get back to them- The Light Sides.."

I nodded and as soon as he arrived, he left again.

Remus and I helped Azar get to his feet and start to live his own life.

Virgil's POV

I went back to the Lights and was immediately tackled by Roman, Logan and Patton.

I knew I missed them but I didn't know if they missed me. Heh, anxiety.

"What was it like?"

"How did you get out?"

"Was it torture?"

"Are you okay?"

And so many others were asked which I answered each one. Saying I was okay and Azar was also safe. But I knew I couldn't stay near him for long. I didn't want to relive sickness.

"How did you escape?"

"Mari and Remus let me go. There was no escape but free will to leave them."

I knew they wouldn't believe but let them believe whatever they wanted.