Mother - Extra.

"Mother, why does father leave for such long times?" I asked my mother looking up at her

"Mother, why does father leave for such long times?" I asked my mother looking up at her. She gave me a small smile, her purple lip stain glistening in the sun. She placed a gentle hand atop my head.

"He is a very important man my child, he is not always available at our request. Though, he never truly leaves us. If you listen to the wind you can hear his voice and feel his kiss." My mother said lifting her head into the sky, she shut up blue eyes as her hair bounced in the wind. I followed suit, I squeezed my eyes tight.... I waited. Maybe I needed to wait more? I-

I felt something tickle my nose, I snapped my eyes open and saw my mother pinching it. Looking down giving me a small smile, "Do not try so hard my child. You'll squeeze your eyes permanently shut."

I gave a small giggle, the cherry blossom trees around began to dance harshly. My mother turned her attention from me and looked directly ahead, I turned my head over my shoulder.

"Elder brother!" I said lighting up at the site of Sesshomaru, He always bought me gifts when he came. He wasn't as elusive as father was nowadays, and he always was around. Though it was known our mothers didn't get along, my young naivety kept me from "picking" sides, we were all family regardless. Plus, I was almost of age to officially become "Princess" of fathers estate, once I had underwent my marking of puberty I would be considered a member who has voice in fathers council. Then I would simply force everyone to get along.

"Rūka

"Rūka." Sesshomaru said looking at my mother with a simple expression. Had he not heard me, the air continuously whipped around us... tension settled as well.

"Sesshomaru if this is another attempt at securing my daughters hand with my permission then you know my answer is "No", not event your father agrees with this tradition. Rūa should have autonomy over her destiny, tell me... is your mother causing that much pressure upon you? Pressure to harm me by taking my daughter away? I know if you were ever to secure her hand in marriage that I would become disposable in the eyes of both of you, and with your fathers absence I surely couldn't fend both of you off. You know this." My mother said returning the uninterested expression to Sesshomaru.

I looked between the two as silence settled, the wind did not die down, a clear dichotomy was set between the two. It was no secret that my brother had made advances to secure my hand in marriage, it was tradition for royalty to marry each other... But, mother never agreed nor did I, he was my elder brother.

"Your insolence will be the cause of your own demise Rūka, my mother finds you a threat to the estate. Much more her power, and even greater Ruā, her hand in marriage is one of the only ways I can protect her. As of the next moon cycle puberty should reach her, meaning her demonic blood will fully be unlocked. With the power of you and father in her veins, mother will find anyway to dispose her." Sesshomaru continued, his eyes cut to me, "I only wish to ensure her safety."

My mother let out a chuckle, I turned to her as she placed the sleeve of her kimono to her lips, she shut her eyes momentarily before opening them. They flashed a bright red.

"Sesshomaru, your mother is nothing more than a bitter pawn. If she steps foot off of her mountain than I will not hesitate to command this very wind around us to slice her to bits, her body will struggle to find other pieces of itself in the underworld, and the land will lay barren where her blood touches it." My mother said in a low growl, "This includes you as well, Ruā is under my protection. Your father has proved to be useless in protecting her from your mothers advances as he runs around the East with Kirinmaru, which means that I have to take matters into my own hands."

"I wish not to engage in violence with you, I'm not absent of the mind that my father cherishes you and Ruā more than my mother

"I wish not to engage in violence with you, I'm not absent of the mind that my father cherishes you and Ruā more than my mother. But, even that has limits. You do know that he has probably taken another suitor in the East, pretty soon you shall be an afterthought just as my mother. I would watch yourself if you think that my father would lift his finger to avenge you whilst on another romantic pursuit."

My mother slowly stepped ahead of me, shielding me behind her body.

"I guess we will have to just put that theory to the test one day won't we?" My mother said dropping her arm to her side. Sesshomaru remained unfazed, silent. He darted his eyes to me one final time before turning around and walking away.

A few moments passed before mother looked back at me, a smile now grazing her face.

"Mother... I don't want you or Sesshomaru at odds..." I said softly. My blue eyes looked down at the ground we were standing on, only darting up as I felt my mothers embrace around my shoulders.

"My child, for you I will war with the world. All I ask is that you remember you have choice, and one does not give or take that from you. A woman's place in this world, human or demon, is limited but that does not mean we don't have choice."

I slowly returned my mothers embrace, though confused by her words... they stuck inside my head. She has chosen to be with father right? Chosen this life... chosen to have me? Did she regret when she was left without choice? Absent from autonomy and direction of her own free will.

"I promise... even if I have to walk alone one day mother, that it will be my choice.."

"And that's all I can wish for my child." My mother said pulling back and placing a small kiss on my forehead.