5 - THERE SHE GOES

Mundanity.

It was a horrid thing. Probably the biggest fear of Harry's.

Even death didn't scare him as much as the possibility of living as only an average being in a humdrum existence on this already severely stale planet.

That was exactly what made her so interesting to him.

She wasn't from this world. She was from another galaxy altogether-- her own galaxy.

Her rejection should have deterred him, but it only encouraged his newfound obsession. As if the once-standing fascination he had with Leo was in the contents of the boy's stomach, and when he threw them up, leaving Harry and Vega to clean everything up, the weight of it fell onto her, unbeknownst to Harry. Not that he cared. This was going to be easier.

She was not mundane. He could tell that entirely from the seldom interactions they had, and he knew he wanted more. He longed for her presence and the hypnotic pull she possessed that he was still in awe of.

She was the opposite of boring. And that was the best part.

He had a plan. Step one didn't go as planned, but it didn't matter. A good plan always had a backup. Step one didn't change because of the setback, but there were just some additions-- some more sub-steps to do before. It would all work out.

"The fuck happened to my puff?"

God, it was getting harder and harder for him to hang out with this twat.

It only took one glance at the floor for Harry to find his friend's orange stick of nicotine, wordlessly picking it up and tossing it at him from across the room.

"Hey, dick," Gabe responded when the object hit him in the neck, looking at Harry with furrowed brows, "the fuck crawled up your ass today?"

Gabe was Harry's first friend when he moved here. Gabe would probably use the term 'best friends,' but Harry wouldn't. That said enough about the nature of their dynamic.

Gabe was loud. He was cocky in an obnoxious way, not in the charming way Harry was. That was what bothered Harry the most. If you were going to be an arrogant asshole, at least do it right.

Nonetheless less, Harry had Gabe to thank for many things, like having a place to stay most nights when his house was not... available. Gabe's family was kind, and they put food in his stomach and a pillow under his head, so he could ignore the parts of them that the critical part of his personality wanted to tear apart.

That was a feeling he had with every person he met. He couldn't help it.

Well, everyone but her.

"Nothing," Harry brushed him off, "did Leo text yet? Can we leave?"

"Oh, yeah, he said he can't come. He's busy," Gabe laid back down on his bed, which was across the room from Harry's makeshift mattress in the corner of Gabe's room. That was where Harry was sitting as he scrolled through his phone waiting.

"The fuck do you mean he's 'busy'?"

"I don't know. He just texted me and said to tell you he was sorry and that he couldn't come."

"Bullshit. C'mon. We're going to get him," Harry stood up from his bed, and Gabe obediently followed him out of the house and to his car.

Maybe Harry really wanted Leo to come to the concert with them, but also maybe he wanted an excuse to stop by the Lavender House. He hoped he would see her, laying it all on luck.

He took his time, however. Somewhere in his mind thinking maybe if he timed it just right, she would be the one answering the door. He didn't know what that correct timing was, so the reasoning was basically impractical, but he didn't care.