Chapter one

"Y/N, honey." Irina knocked on Y/N's door. "It's almost time for dinner, why don't you come to the table and get ready to eat." She suggested. "Uh, yeah! I'll be down in a moment!" Y/N stuttered. Irina let out a desperate sigh and made her way back to the kitchen.
Y/N had been staying with Irina and Tadaomi Karasuma for a few months since she had been rescued by Japan's ministry of defense from the gang that had abducted her and had turned her into a tentacle being. The trauma from the abduction and experiments made Y/N scared to be around people, thus causing her to hide in the spare room the Karasumas are letting her use while they continue to foster her.
Y/N sighed. Why did my life have to be like this. . ? She thought as she slid into her house slippers and started to make her way to the kitchen. "Ai-chan!" Y/N stopped as she heard Irina call out to her daughter, Ai, who was dashing down the hall towards Y/N. Y/N peered out from her doorway as Ai stopped in front of her. "Y/N-chan! It's dinner time!" Ai seemed offly excited, considering she really likes her and Y/N hardly leaves her room. "Ah, is that so?" Y/N fakes a smile to Ai and follows her to the kitchen. Y/N loves Ai, but she can't help but feel immense jealousy of her innocence. . .
Irina sat at the kitchen table in dim, intimate lighting, sipping a glass of red wine. She was hesitant to bring up the subject of Y/N, but it couldn't be helped. Irina sighed, then spoke,
"Tadaomi, there's something I want to talk about."
"If it's about Y/N, I understand. She's scared. She doesn't want to be hurt again. We should just let her be." Tadaomi suggested. "Well, I think she's scared of us because of our workplace. I mean, yes; we did rescue her. But because of the power we have, she may be scared. I think it's about time we let her go to another family."
"You're not wrong, but who would take her in? Y/N needs someone who understands her. And there's no one who would."
There was a moment of silence where Irina looked like she was deep in thought. "What about those kids?" Irina lifted her head slightly from her palm which it was resting on. "I mean they aren't kids anymore. I'm sure one of them could take her in." Tadaomi gave Irina a surprised look. "You're right. But wouldn't it be hard on them if they're with someone who doesn't understand Y/N, or not with anyone at all?" Irina let out a sigh. "You're right." She took the last sip of wine and washed her glass out. Irina and Tadaomi made their way to bed with the eerie atmosphere of their quiet apartment.
Irina lay quiet next to a sleeping Tadaomi, scrolling through LINE™ (The leading social media in Japan.) When she came across a surprising sight. It was Karma and Nagisa, making an anniversary post.
'Happy One Year Anniversary!' it read. This was obviously a very private account because the only people that liked or commented on the posts were Nagisa's mother and father. Irina checked their friend list. No one from class E, only Karma and Nagisa's parents. Irina made a quick, excited glance over to Tadaomi, but he was sound asleep. She let out a sigh. I'll tell him in the morning, he'd get angry if I woke him up. . . a sweet, loving smile formed on Irina's face. She laid down and wrapped her arms around Tadaomi and began to drift off to sleep.
Irina awoke in an empty bed. Tadaomi had obviously already gotten up to make breakfast. Irina realized the news she had found the night before and bolted out of bed. "Tadaomi!" She called out, sliding into the kitchen. "Sh! The girls are still sleeping!" Tadaomi whispered with an urgent tone. "Sorry, sorry. I'm just really happy because," Irina paused to take out her phone. "Look what I found!" She shoved her phone in Karasuma's face, showing him the anniversary post from six months ago. He was stunned. "I didn't expect those two to get together but, here we are." A smile painted across Tadaomi's face. "What's going on?" Y/N said as she entered the kitchen, rubbing her left eye. "Oh, everythings alright." Karasuma said, trying to hide Irina. They couldn't tell her yet, they haven't even spoken to Karma and Nagisa yet. "Make sure you get ready for breakfast, it's almost done." Y/N nodded and went back to her room and closed the door. Karasuma took Irina's phone and looked at the post again. After a long pause, he opened the account and added them. (I'm not sure how LINE™ works, but for now let's say this is a conjoined account.)
"We can't just assume they'll adopt her." Tadaomi turned and gave Irina a serious look. "We'll have to speak to them. Why don't we try to make plans to speak with them?" Irina nodded in reply. "I don't see why that wouldn't be too much of a hassle."