As Long As She's Safe, As Long As She's Happy

I haven't written a story in a long time but this inspiration just struck me while I was trying to sleep. I am obsessed with PJO and some good Apollo and Artemis sibling love so here I am writing this story :)

Let's go on with the story

PS. Sorry if it's a little OOC

Disclaimer: HA! U THINK I OWN PERCY JACKSON? WELL YOU'RE VERY WRONG! VERY WRONG INDEED! BECAUSE I AM NOT A MALE AND I KNOW THAT IF I WAS RICK RIORDAN I WOULD'VE MADE MORE MOMENTS BETWEEN SOLANGELO, PERCABETH AND JASPER(always liked that ship name out of all the ones they had best)

Apollo was worried, to say the least. His sister just went back from holding the sky for gods sake! There is no way in Tartarus he won't be worried. He was watching his sister tell the story of what happened to their father, Zeus. She was speaking in her calm face as usual but he knew it was just a façade. Especially when she told everyone of Zoë Nightshade's passing. He picked up a drop of hurt in her voice that no one else could've noticed.

He knew she was breaking inside but she's bottling up those emotions because she has always been that way, his tough brave little sister, but he wanted nothing more than to just hug her and hold her while she lets those emotions out even though he knew that she wouldn't appreciate it being done right in front of the other gods.

So, he waited and waited until after she's done and it was time for the party. He saw her leaving and going to her temple. Any other person would've thought she just didn't want to join the party. He knew better, he knew she was on the verge of breaking and didn't want anyone to see her. He went to her temple and found her curled up into a ball on her bed. He can see the miniscule shaking of her shoulders when he came in. She didn't even raise her head to see him, she knew only her brother can go to her temple. He sat on her bed and held out his arms. "Come here little sis," he said quietly. She crawled to his lap and hugged his back. Then, it was like a dam inside of her broke. She started sobbing her heart out with her brother just holding her, muttering words in her hair.

"It's my fault," she said, "it's all my fault, I could've saved her, I should've noticed she's injured."

"No, no, no it was never your fault, you tried already, she'll always be remembered in the by all the demigods when they look to the night sky." Apollo said repeating it over and over again.

Slowly her sobs slowly turned to the occasional sniffles and hiccups. Apollo asked, "Feeling better Arty?" Artemis huffed and said, "Don't call me Arty." Apollo chuckled and Artemis can't seem to hide her small smile of content. 

She knew her older brother (yes, she is calling him that but she'll never admit it to him) will always be by her side no matter what. Whether he knew it or not, despite Artemis being born before him, he'll always be her older brother, the only person that understands her most, her best friend, her twin, her other half she could never live without, yin and yang, the Sun and the Moon. She even trusts him above her lieutenants and that's saying something. She snuggled into her older brother's chest and closed her eyes, drifting to sleep.

Apollo was thinking about the neck pains he will have tomorrow because apparently being immortal and a god no less doesn't remove pain from little petty muscle cramps. But then, he looked at his little sister, snuggling into him with a small smile of content and he knew he could care less about the minor annoyance he'll receive tomorrow resting his head on the headboard. He admits to himself that Artemis looked adorable in her twelve year old form she always chose to be in.

And whether she knew it or not, she'll always be her little sister, he'll always be overprotective of her, the only person he trusts and cares for the most, the only person that understands him the most, his best friend, his twin, his other half he would never be able to live without, they are yin and yang, the Sun and the Moon.

He'll always protect her even if it meant going through pain, breaking some rules(which he did break the no interfering in demigods quests rule), hell, even giving up his godhood for her. He would only be content when he knows he tried his best to protect her.

As long as she's happy, as long as she's safe.

WOOOHOOOO THAT'S IT. I CAN PRACTICALLY HEAR MY HEART MELTING WHEN I WROTE THIS. I ALWAYS LOVED THE CONCEPT OF ARTEMIS AND APOLLO SIBLINGHOOD!

PPS. Sorry for the grammar or the spelling mistakes. Reviews and votes will be appreciated! This story will also be posted on my fanfiction.net account:

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/14044303/

And as always, for now, till I have inspiration again,

PEACE OUT!