Chapter 14

The next morning, Meredith and Derek got the kids all ready. Meredith had some checkups this morning to see if she was able to come back to work, so they the family of 5 got into the car and drove off to work.

"Ready?" Derek asked as he carried Ellis. Meredith held Bailey while Zola held on to her mother's hand and nodded. "I hope I'm cleared." She said with a nervous chuckle. "I'm sure you will be, with precautions." Derek said softly.

They dropped the kids off at daycare and walked to go find Richard. "Welcome back Dr Grey." A nurse said with a smile. Meredith walked with a slight limp while Derek was close by, holding her hand. "Happy to be back?" He asked quietly. "Definitely." She replied. Meredith and Derek grabbed her a quick X-ray of her leg to show Callie and then began finding her doctors.

"Ah, Grey. Welcome back." Bailey said as she approached them. "Hi Bailey." Meredith replied. "What do you guys need? I hope your not expecting to work today." Bailey asked. "No. I need to be cleared by all my doctors so I can come back to work so I was wondering if we can all sit down and discuss that." Meredith explained.

"Sure Grey. Let's go into this conference room and I'll page webber, Torres, and Sloan." Bailey replied as she led them to the room. Everyone sat down and one by one Merediths doctors came in.

"Okay, uh, Richard, what do you think?" Bailey asked. "You haven't any had difficulty breathing?" He asked. Meredith shook her head. "No pain, tightness?" He asked. "Nope." Meredith replied. Richard went over a few more things before giving the okay. "Callie?" Bailey asked. "Your scans look good. About 95% healed I'd say. Keep the brace on, and I'll let you come back." She said.

Meredith breathed a sigh of relief and smiled. "And Sloan?" Bailey asked. "Your jaw has been good for a while now. No pain?" He asked. "Nothing." She replied. "Okay. Good." Mark concluded. "Okay Grey; your good to go. But tomorrow. And you'll have a limit. No longer than 5 hour surgeries, got it?" Bailey asked. "Got it." Meredith replied with a relieved smile.

"I'll go over more with you tomorrow, but go home for now. Derek, are you working?" Bailey asked. "I am." Derek said. "Can I stay here and do some charting or something? The kids are here too." Meredith asked. "Fine. But your sitting down." Bailey said sternly.

Everyone dispersed and Meredith followed Bailey. Bailey forced her to sit down at the nurses station, and gave her a pile of charts. "You're sure your okay meredith?" Bailey asked. On the outside, she seemed hardcore and scary, but on the inside, she truly had a soft spot for her former interns, especially Meredith grey.

"I'm okay Bailey, I promise." Meredith said. "Okay. Finish these and go home please." She replied. "Thank you." Meredith said. Bailey nodded and walked away, leaving a very happy Meredith to do some charting.

"Dr Grey, how have you been?" A nurse asked with a smile. "Oh, I'm good. Ready to be back." Meredith said with a chuckle. "Are you back today or..." She trailed off. "Tomorrow. Just charting today until Derek is off." Meredith replied. "Oh, okay. Nice to have you back Dr Grey." The nurse said with a kind smile. "Thank you." She replied.

After a few hours, dereks shift was over, and he went to the nurses station where Meredith was propped at. "Hey." He said as he kissed her cheek softly and helped her up. "How are you?" He asked, wrapping his arms around her waist, her doing the same around his neck. "Good. Never thought I'd enjoy charting that much." She said giggling.

"Let's get the kids and head home. I'll make some pasta tonight and we can eat on the deck. It's nice out." Derek said with a smile. "Sounds good." She replied as she grabbed his hand they slowly made their way up to the daycare.

They got the kids and rallied them into the car. "You guys want to eat on the deck tonight?" Derek asked enthusiastically as they drove home. "Yeah!" They all yelled happily. Meredith and Derek chuckled at their kids happiness and smiled.

Once they got home, Derek got straight to cooking while Meredith decided to take a quick shower and get ready for work tomorrow. The kids were playing quietly by themselves, and it was perfect.

"Mer, kids, dinner is ready!" Derek announced to his family. The small pitter patter of feet came around and 2 kids and Meredith holding Ellis came into the kitchen. "Food is on the deck outside at the table. It's a really nice sunset." Derek said as they all walked outside.

They all took their seats and ate while admiring the gorgeous sunset. By the end of dinner, Zola and Bailey had pasta sauce everywhere. "Smile!" Meredith said as she took out her phone and took a picture.

After watching some tv, the kids were put to bed and Meredith and Derek climbed into bed. "You ready to go back to work tomorrow?" Derek asked sleepily. "Very. I will miss the kids though. And you." Meredith said. "Well, you can visit them and me anytime. Now, get some sleep. I love you." Derek whispered. " I love you too." She replied.

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you have any ideas for future chapters feel free to drop them! Hope your all doing well!