Chapter 2

Following the slinky man, Dr. Reid, down the hall I had entered from I surveyed the walls more closely as to give an indication of where he is dragging me.

He seemed delighted after reading the note. He must understand what it's about because I certainly don't. I saw the opportunity to have a free pass into the Lux building and I took it upon myself to explore.

The note I had received was very vague anyway. How was I supposed to know where to find anything? Truly ridiculous. Although the simplicity and lack of information in the note make me curious and suspicious. Was it possible simple on purpose? Was there someone they hoped wouldn't see the true details? My father? I recall what it said.

Dear Ms. Y/N Dapper,
You are expected to arrive at the Lux Building at 12:30 sharp. Don't be late. Your attendance is important.
~A. Hotchner
Am I an absolute idiot? I could be killed! What was I thinking? As panic sets in I try to distract my mind by focusing on the man in front of me. His coat-tailm moving this gusts of air coming from the fast passed movement of the back of his thighs setting it into motion. He was tall and slim yet looked like, and from experience, could overwhelm an opponent. He had a mop of curly unkempt hair in his head the rested on the nape of his neck in a rugged way that made it look purposeful. I had barely seen the man's face as I was previously playing the frazzled woman looking down, but it looked young yet aged. He had sharp features but there were noticeable lines and dark circles. Becoming more curious, I pick up my skirt and speed up so that I am beside him and he is no longer tethering me on an invisible leash.

"So," I said as if we had been old friends for many years, "where are we headed, doctor?"

He scoffed still displaying that smug face he had earlier. It was mocking me but I pushed my feelings aside realizing I might be in trouble and want to be pleasant as to not irritate the perpetrators. But what was he thinking what was amusing him so much?

"We are heading to Aaron Hotchers office, director of the Red Ribbon society."

"The what?"

"It'll all be explained in due time. You're a curious little girl aren't you." He teased.

"I'm a woman, a lady precisely, I will not be berated by a man who lays his hands on women. Shall I tell my father Mr dapper? I'm sure you know of his status."

"Oh I know all about him, I don't think you'll be able to hold that threat for much longer though."

"What is that supposed to—"

"Here" he opens the office door for me and I walk in giving him the side-eye. The dim room is eerie as I approached a sterner face man with dark features sitting at the desk.

"Ms. Dapper. Aaron Hotchner. Pleased to make your acquaintance, please sit." His voice makes his face, flat. It made me wonder if he truly meant it.
Just then the doctor sat next to me and I spoke.

"Oh you're staying."

He just laughed and looked towards the man.

"Ms. Dapper I would like to say don't be alarmed—"

"Listen sir I'm truly sorry for intruding I was just confused and —"

"Ms. Dapper, that's not why you're here. In fact, I had expected that behavior from you."

"Excuse me?"