30: 𝗀𝗈𝗈𝖽𝖻𝗒𝖾 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗇𝗈𝗐.

❥❥❥

𝗑𝗑𝗑. 𝗀𝗈𝗈𝖽𝖻𝗒𝖾 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗇𝗈𝗐 || 𝖾𝗇𝖽 𝗈𝖿 𝗌𝗂𝗑𝗍𝗁 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋.

"I wanna be yours."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"We're definitely going to fail the exams."

"We? Since when I was included in this?"

"Ever since you decided to become my best friend obviously," said Y/n as she inspected the chipping black nail polish on her fingernails. "Because if I'm going to fail something then you'll be failing it with me. There is no way I'm doing this by myself."

Daphne drummed her fingers on the table they sat on. Her hand was formed into a fist, resting it against her cheek. "Stop worrying so much about failing," She groaned, rolling her eyes at the panicking girl. "You'll be fine. You've passed these exams for the past five years, so there's no doubt that you'll pass this year's one as well. And you aren't called the daughter of Cordelia and Sebastian Lovewright for nothing, considering they were the most intelligent students back in their day."

Y/n glanced around the library, seeing other years from other houses also studying for the upcoming end-of-year exams. She saw Dean and Seamus tucked together in the far corner of the room, two Hufflepuff students (which she recognised to be Hannah Abbot and Susan Bones), three fourth year Slytherins and four Ravenclaws all sat on one massive table across the room from where she and Daphne were sitting at.

She looked back at Daphne, who had her head buried in her textbook once more as she made quick important notes on a piece of parchment.

"Well, I guess you're right." She said.

Daphne's head suddenly jolted up as if she had just remembered something. "Did you hear the breakup between Dean Thomas and Weasley? It was messy as fuck!"

"What?" Now that was an interesting topic to gossip about instead of studying. "They broke up?"

Nodding her head in an exciting way, she looked left and right to check if there was anyone listening in before leaning in and whispering: "I heard it from Hermione yesterday. Apparently it wasn't that violent of an argument. Thomas was quite calm whilst Weasley was getting so defensive. Hermione told me they were arguing about Weasley's 'love' for Potter, saying how she was so obsessed with him."

She then continued before Y/n could even input her thoughts on the situation. "It ended with Weasley storming out."

"What do you mean I'm not paying attention to our relationship anymore?" asked Ginny frustratedly, running a hand through her hair. "Of course I am! I'm just . . ." she suddenly trailed off, eyes wandering over to the young Potter boy, who was too focused on playing with the necklace he was wearing, from across the room.

"Let me guess," Dean began, arms crossing over his chest. "Too busy trying to make Harry fall in love with you? You know he already has a girlfriend, Gin."

She whipped her head back around to face him, eyes wide in shock. "What?" she whispered. "N-no I'm not . . . What makes you think that?"

Dean let out an exasperated sigh. "Because all you've been doing is cancelling plans, and whenever we do manage to hang out together, your mind is always on something or someone else. Don't forget the rumour spreading around at the moment saying how you're planning on breaking Harry and Lovewright up again. This so-called love you have for Potter isn't even actual love anymore, it's an obsession."