stake out

~*~

El gripped her phone so tightly her knuckles were practically white

You could not have paid her enough money to turn her gaze to something else

Instead, she couldn't help but keep looking at their interactions in his bedroom.

What the fuck is she doing on his bed first of all.

He said he had a study group today. Is that just code for whatever the fuck she's doing there?

El saw Stacey place her hand on Mike's bicep and you could practically see smoke coming out of her ears.

El couldn't process her feelings fast enough. All she knew was she was upset. Point blank. Before El could begin to process herself, a car pulled into Mike's driveway. Karen's car.

Mike and Stacey got off Mike's bed at the sound of Karen calling Mike down to help unload the groceries. Stacey went out Mike's bedroom door and before Mike could follow her out, he caught El's gaze through her window.

El's glare was so intense it made Mike's palms sweat. El shook her head before walking out of her room and down the stairs. She walked out the front door to greet Karen.
"Hey Karen!" she greeted with a smile.

"Oh, hi sweetheart! How've you been?" Karen said, struggling with the grocery bags in her hands.

"I'm great. Uh, do you need some help?"

"I would love some." Karen laughed as she shut the car door with her foot.

"Hey Ma." Mike said as he walked outside to see El help his mother.

"Hey Mike, did Stacey leave already?" Karen asked.

Her casual tone made El's eyes go wide.

"Hi Karen. I was just leaving; I've gotta go meet someone." Stacey said, walking out the front door.

"Ms. Wheeler." Karen corrected before walking inside her front door.

Stacey nodded before climbing into her Volkswagen Beetle and driving off.

Leaving El and Mike outside.

"So much for bad vibes huh." El said

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I'm sorry for Karen and I interrupting your private session with the Stacey Walker."

"Private session what?" Mike said, now confused.

"You know you said it was a study group. If you had a sex sesh with another girl, you could've just said that."

"Sex sesh? What the hell are you talking about!?"

"You and Stacey, Mike. You both on your bed, alone together. Her rubbing her hands all up on you. Which you know is just a tad hypocritical when you just told me that she was trying to go after Troy."

"Yet you seem more upset at the thought of her with me." Mike acknowledged

"Whatever." El said with furrowed brows.

"El are you jealous right now?" Mike asked, unable to wipe the grin off his face

"Wh- what? Why would you even ask me that?"

"That's not an answer." Mike said

"I- that question is stupid. And I can't believe you're asking it in the first place."