chapter 1

Abhishek was on his way back from a photo shoot for a famous magazine in Asia. He actually hated them and never wanted to do them. Football is his passion, so when he was offered an opportunity to pursue it, he took it and now he is one of the best footballers in the country and the captain of the Indian Football Team. But being famous came with a lot of drawbacks; he couldn’t voice his own opinion and had no private life. His life was controlled by his agency which often pressurized him to do things he didn’t want to. It didn’t help that he is the son of a well known businessman, Harish Mehra.

"Sir where to?" His thoughts were interrupted by his driver. 

“Bandra,” he replied, looking out from the window.

“But Harish sir told there is a party at the mansion,” the driver whispered hesitantly, but Abhishek still heard it.

“Do as I said,” he yelled at the driver and closed his eyes. Harish Mehra was one of the well known businessmen in the county and his so-called father; his step father, a mistake committed by his mother after the death of his father, Prem Mehra. When his biological father died, Ragini was forced to marry his younger brother, Harish. Harish was the typical cunning, calculative businessman and would do anything to get more money. If Abhi wanted to inherit the company and properties owned by his father, he needed Harish’s signature. Harish knew this and took advantage of it regularly. He even forced Abhi to date one of his business partner’s daughter, Kavya. In the eyes of the media, Kavya is his girlfriend even though they hadn’t made any formal announcement. She was extremely clingy and only wanted his money and popularity; she would regularly post pictures of them together, go out for coffee. Everything was to just show off. Abhishek couldn’t stand any of it. He couldn’t bear to see the destruction of the empire that his father had started with hard work, only because of Harish’s greed. His mother doesn’t say anything to Harish either; so it was left to him to fulfill his father’s dreams

Abhi waited for her to open the door. He could hear the sound of her anklets as she ran towards the door. He stood outside in anticipation. Every time she saw him, she would smile as if it was the happiest moment of her life.

“Abhi…” She called from inside; she knew it was him from the continuous knocks on her door. She opened the door with the widest smile that made all his anger and frustrations disappear.

“I wasn’t expecting you, especially today,” she said as after he entered she closed the door before anyone noticed.

“How could I not come? Today is the day my Biwi published her new poetry collections. Don’t you think Pragya Abhishek Mehra deserves compliments from her husband?” Abhi asked, pulling her onto his lap. He wrapped his arms around her waist and nudged her nose with his own.

“But I thought you had to attend a party today,” Pragya said, putting her arms around his neck.

“Nothing is more important than you biwi,” he replied, pecking on her lips.

“But you should attend the party, or else your father is going to get mad,” she said, worried.

“Didn’t I tell you to not spoil our moments by talking about unwanted people?” He asked, frowning.

“Sorry baba, it’s my mistake. Have you watched the video of the book launch?” She asked, excitedly.

“How could I miss it? Bulbul was video calling me at the time so I could see the entire ceremony. Do you know how proud I am of you? Especially after seeing the look of admiration your students had. I don’t know when I’ll be able to stand along with you,” he said.

Pragya was his friend since they were children; she was his dad’s friend’s daughter. When his dad died, Abhi was forced to cut connections with her because of Harish. When they were young, Harish had seen Abhi proposing to Pragya. Harish made it into a big issue, forcing Pragya’s parents to move. But still, Abhi wasn’t ready to lose the love of his life. The girl whom he believed was his from the day she entered into the world. He remembered the happiness he had felt when she had smiled at him, toothless for the first time . He grew up believing that she was his, and she is; now and forever. Despite facing multiple humiliations, she was with him.

Her parents had died suddenly in a bus accident when she was in college. She didn’t have too many relatives, so Abhi had asked her to move in with him. But she had refused stating that she wouldn’t live with him until they were married. Abhi hadn’t wasted even a second and tied the mangalsutra around her neck. She was always his and if a red powder and chain gave her strength, then he would do it.

“Abhi, why are you looking at me like that?” She asked, as she found him staring into her eyes, lost in thought.

“It’s suffocating me, Pragya. You are my wife, but I’m not able to say anything in front of the hold. Instead of being with you, I’m forced to be with another girl. You deserve so much better. You have given me everything I could ever hope for, but I couldn’t give you anything other than pain,” Abhi said, his heart breaking into a thousand pieces. When she had moved in with him, he had a fair share of his money his dad had left for him and Pragya had the insurance money from her parent’s accident. With that money, she had completed her studies. She was now a professor in the same college she studied. Writing has always been her passion and with Abhi’s support, she started to write poems professionally. Today, it was her 3rd poetry collection being published. In the same time, Abhi had also established himself as a well known footballer and captain of the Indian team. The thing he hated the most was, having to veil his relationship with Pragya. She lived in an apartment close to her college and Abhi often visited her.

“Remember why we are doing all this. It’s only a matter of time. I’m your wife and you are my husband. Nothing can distance us from each other. We will face every hardship together. These were your words! Did you forget already?” She asked, cupping his face.

“But today when Kavya held my hand, I felt disgusted. I’m only yours, Pragya. It’s you who should be beside me, not a random girl,” Abhi said as irritation filled his veins. He hated himself in the moment; he couldn’t be there with her for the special occasion and that killed him.

“Abhi don’t stress yourself out, we are together. Nothing can do us apart,” Pragya said, hugging him. He loved her nature; no matter what, she is always on his side. This courage of hers is his biggest support system.  

"Don't make this face, go and freshen up. We will eat dinner together," Pragya said, pushing him slightly towards their bedroom. 

        Pragya came out of the dressing room after her shower and saw Abhishek standing in the balcony smoking, a habit of his she always hated. They had a nice time during dinner. Abhi had been adamant to feed Pragya with his hand She sat on his lap and allowed him to feed her and fed him from the same plate. He turned and saw her walking out of the dresser, flicked his cigarette away and walked towards her. Pragya watched him with a smile; his eyes piercing into her soul, reflecting his passion for her. Pragya looked down, suddenly feeling shy. They had spent innumerable nights together, but every single time he looked at her like that, she melted. Abhishek gently lifted her in his arms and carried her to the bed, lowering her onto it. Pragya took a hold of his hand and he joined her in bed. Leaning down, he placed several kisses on her face before capturing her lips. The desire and intimacy that he missed, overflowed as she kissed him back with equal vigour and pulled him closer into her arms. After a few minutes, their clothes dropped from their bodies as they lay naked, in each others’ embrace. He took her to the highest peak of passion as they joined together as one.

How was the chapter ?
Vote if the story deserves and share your opinions