CHAPTER ONE

This is a very small chapter that I'll probably forget to edit later lol. Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes I'm tired (Wtf where's the black eye bags emoji, did they ever have that emoji lol?)

Word Count: 674

I blink my eyes open, my white polyester button up the only thing on me. Cold, sweaty, white sheets over my body and a man holding me with one arm around my waist, asleep. I wiggle out of the man's grip and pull my legs out of the sheets, to my chest, reaching my hands up to rub my eyes. While doing so I notice my underwear on the ground beside me. I jump off the side of the bed and quickly bend down, pick them up and put them on, now searching for the rest of my belongings. Thankfully, he got lazy and only bothered to take my pants and underwear off, I looked near the door of the small hotel room, as expected my black jeans lay there untouched the whole night. Good he didn't take anything, I thought.

I pulled up my pants and looked around the room one last time, making sure I definitely hadn't left anything. Concluding that I had all my stuff on me I go to the bedside draw in search of the mans wallet. And there it's was laying carelessly on the table next to his phone. I take it in my hands and check for any money. Lucky, this man had $80 in cash, I stuff it in to my back pocket and head to the door being careful not to be too loud. I look back at the man sleeping, so vulnerable, I think unlocking the door, I could just touch... but I stop thinking before my brain could concoct any ideas that I wasn't able to carry out in the little amount of time I had.

I'm already out the door by the time I think about opening it. Closing it gently behind me. I quickly glide down the hallway to the elevator. Clicking the button once seemed to do the trick since it almost immediately opened. I got in and hit ground floor.

Yes, time to leave this greasy place and it's slimy old men. And time to go to the next greasy hotel with slimy people. I couldn't contain my joy, I was so extremely elated, I just couldn't wait. Oh, actually, yes I could.

On one hand I was truly really grateful that I got to visit this place, travel somewhere else and meet new people, but the other thought, was that it was just a pointless circle of events that are always the same; hate where I am, think I'll be happier somewhere else, then go somewhere else and have your expectation completely ripped apart, realise your not much better off here either and then leave. But I guess that's what you get when you bet your happiness on hope.

The elevator stoped and opened. I got out and headed straight to the door, pushing it open I could feel the cold breath of winter caressing my previously warm, sweaty, sun tanned face. I see the thick, suffocating fog covering the cracked cement, the wind smelt like coffee and rain, this place was only beautiful when hidden away in the clouds, like most places. I then turned right. Bus stop I reminded myself trying not to get distracted. I walk down the street and turn again. After only two blocks I made it to the coach station that would take me at least three towns west. But by the look of these prices I'd probably only have enough to get too the first town, if I wanted money left over for food and a place to sleep that is.

I sigh that will have to do, unless I want to suck off some middle age man who has three kids and an unstable marriage while he complains about his wife not wanting to fold his clothes for him. I'd rather starve in some wet alleyway than listen to that again. But why go hungry, cold and alone, when I can just go where I can afford. So I walk to the front desk. Time to get out of here.