Stay Alive

Ever since I was young I've been formed into a Knight who shows no mercy, a knight that has no wish to be forgotten, a knight that has no will to disobey, a knight with no feelings.

.

.

.

.

.

I was running, my armor broken to where it fell off as I ran, loud steps were coming up fast behind me. My Majesty's kingdom has fallen to nomus I was the greatest knight loved by all and now all who loved me are dead or captured.

Clumps of thickets and trees were tearing my skin, drawing blood. With each drop that spilled the nomu started chasing after me with speed I've never seen before.

The nomu got to my leg and I fell face forward, the taste of dirt and blood fell onto my tongue.

I could feel the nomus nails start digging into my skin, I tried kicking it with my other foot but it caught my leg.

I grabbed my sword and swung at the nomus head, I didn't want to see what I had done to the once human who I had swore to protect.

When I opened my eyes his head was gone, black blood was spilling out of his body. I got up as fast as I could to fully see what I did.

I'm no knight. I'm just a coward afraid of his own shadow. But I couldn't stay here and weep over my own selfishness.

I started running again, another kingdom was only a few days time away from mine. I needed their help to defeat the horrible invaders who turn people into emotionless dogs.

That nomu has been chasing me for what seemed like hours, my leg was burning from the marks he left into my calf but I would just have to bare it till I get to the kingdom.

I got my helmet, the only piece of armor that was still intact. I put it on and started running towards the only place that could save my people from those monsters.

I just had to make it there in one piece.