Kings Cross Station and First Meetings

Lily and James are in love, it's a fact, just like the planets orbit around the sun, or 2+2=4. But, like all good love stories, it took a while to get there. Their story is intertwined with love, life, death, and war.

Lily had hated James since they meet in her first year at Hogwarts. It was the first day of school for all the first years at Hogwarts. Each eleven years old was shaking with anticipation as they entered Kings Cross Station that morning. Lily was particularly excited to start to experience a whole new world. James was excited to find lifelong friends, and get sorted into Gryffindor, just like his dad. Once James entered platform 9 ¾, and saw a young boy, with dark shoulder-length hair and clear grey eyes getting scolded by intimidating women dressed in black robes. James was intrigued, he thought this boy looked like a good rulebreaker, just up James's alley. Quickly, He said goodbye and kissed his parents, and made his way to the train.

"Wanna sit in the same cart?" asked James, to this mysterious boy.

"Yes, I need to get away from my freak of a family first," Sirius answered loudly enough for his "freak" family to hear.

"You know what, they won't miss me anyway," and with a quick wave to a boy that was probably his little brother, jumped on the train, ready to bear a new adventure. The boys walked until they found the first open car, and hopped inside. They quickly started an interesting conversation about the upcoming quidditch season and the new brooms on the market, when another boy walked in.

"Oh, there's people in here, I can go.." rambled a little plump boy with curly dirty blond hair and rosy cheeks.

"No bother, sit here with us," said James, even though this did not look like the boy James or Sirius would ever befriend. Despite this fact, Peter knew a lot about Quittich and joined their conversation easily. Not long after, yet another boy entered the cabin. He was quite a bit taller than the rest but tried to make himself seem smaller, by hunching his shoulders forward. He had mousy-colored hair, a long-faded scar across his cheek and forehead, and dawned an oversized cream sweater. Remus James had just met his soon-to-be best friends, Sirius, Remus, and Peter. Suddenly, a burst of red came through the door. Lily's wavy red hair was strung across her shoulders and back, and her bright green eyes meet with James's dark brown ones. But, then the boy's eyes meet Severus's, a boy with dark greasy hair and ill-fitting clothes of mismatching patterns. He had a hooked nose and tried to make himself look older and intimidating than he actually was.

"What are you doing here Snivelus?" Sneered Sirius, knowing of Severus's familial status.

"Come on Lils, let's find another car," said Severus.

"Ya, let's go Sev," replied Lily calmly, rolling her eyes in the most beautiful way possible, in James's opinion.

"Aw ya, Sev let's go," mocked James in a conniving girlish tone.

Lily quickly turned away, this conversation sealing the fate of her hatred for this rude boy. For James, it was the moment he finally noticed a girl and sealed his undying love for her.