𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑

"In a way, you are poetry material; You are full of cloudy subtleties I am willing to spend a lifetime figuring out. Words burst in your essence and you carry their dust in the pores of your ethereal individuality." 

»——————◦•♛•◦——————«

"It has been 65 long years since Ymir passed on." Historia thought. "That's 4 lifetimes, and now she would be nearing her 5th. I wonder what happened to her after that day..."

Flashback

"Make way, make way, for the Queen, Her Highness has come". The door barged open as Historia ran in and knelt beside Ymir who was lying on her deathbed. Ymir was very pale, her dark brown locks falling onto the pillow beneath her head. She opened her eyes to see Historia, who was sobbing as she held onto Ymir's hand, trying to stop Death Themself with her tears.

"Ymir, it's okay, I'm right here-"

"Historia."

Historia looked up, making eye contact with Ymir, and she knew that this was it.

"Historia", Ymir continued on, "You and I both know my time has come"

"But-"

"Darling, unfortunately, Death doesn't negotiate. They come and go when They please."

"I don't want to lose you. I- I love you Ymir. We still have so much to do, so much left to live-"

"My darling, unfortunately, my time is up. You are the best thing that has happened to me, and I'm not going to let go of you that easily. I will find you in my next life."

"D-dear, that is just a hunch you made up, a mere theory-"

"All the more reason to test it."

They locked eyes, and Historia knew that she wouldn't be able to change Ymir's mind. She gripped Ymir's hand tighter and stared her dead in the eyes, desperately wanting time to stop in its tracks.

Ymir smiled. "I thought as much", she muttered and her eyes started to flutter, before closing. The last thing she saw was Historia's crystal blue eyes, as deep as the sea, a place that they loved to visit together. Historia watched as Ymir's hazel orbs gradually started to lose their shine.

'I love you, Ymir.'

'I love you too, Historia'.

Then Death took Ymir by the hand and led her far away.

...

That night, even the stars wept.