Part 43

Dear diary,
I woke up in screams. "Shh" Klaus softly whispered pulling me into his arms. It had been days since the night of my death. After that night everything had changed. I felt more in control of my magic. Klaus and I had been spending almost every awakening second together. Elijah had gone over seas, but had assured us that he would be home for the party. Which was this afternoon. "Shh" Klaus whispered again brushing my hair from my face. "Klaus it was terrible" I cried. Klaus arms hugged me tighter, holding me save. "I'm here Grace, I'll always be here" he said wiping my tears away with his thumb. I could hear the sizzle as my tear burning his skin. I was toxic. My blood was poison, and my tears were acid. Klaus noticed the sad look on my face. "Don't worry love, you could never hurt me" he said lifting my chin to face him. I gave him a weak smile. Rebekah ran into the room. Pushing the door so hard that as it hit the wall causing the house shake. "Ewww" she said at us disgusting. I wiped a tired from my cheek, trying to come up with an explanation. "Rebekah" I started but then I realize she was talking about the dust on my books, not me and Klaus. Since Elijah had left I had barely done anything reading. Rebekah turned facing us. "Elijah is home" she smiled before racing out of my room, leaving the door open. "You go, I'll be down in a minute" I said to Klaus releasing myself from his grip. Klaus nodded as he got up from the bed leaving my room, shutting the door behind him. I sighed getting up. Grabbing a robe off the corner of my bed. I took a deep breath preparing to see a Elijah again. I haven't seen or talked to him since our kiss. I had sent him letters but he never responded. As I grabbed onto the handle of my door, the cold metal gave me a shock of electric. I flinched but still open the door. I put on my long black robe, tying the waist band as I descended down the stairs. Everyone was down stairs greeting Elijah. I walked up to everyone, finding a spot in the crowd. "Welcome home" I smiled at him. He didn't respond. I looked away, embarrassed. Rebekah grabbed my arm, jolting me to the side. "You're not even dress" she said in shock. "Rebekah it's 7 in the morning" I responded. She silenced me. "You have to change, come I'll help" she said before dragging me up the stairs. She pushed me into my own room before rummaging though my clothes. I took a set on the bed, I knew this would take a while. A few minutes later Rebekah paused. "Perfect" she smiled turning to me. In her hands was a light blue dress with sliver fleck and pink roses at the bottom. "Looks lovely" I said to her standing from the bed. She gave me a confused look. "Aren't you going to undress?" She asked. My face had grown worried. "I can change myself" I said taking the dress from her hands. Rebekah snarled. "I will wait outside" she said exiting my room. I quickly locked the door behind her. I didn't want anyone walking in on me. The dress felt soft. Rebekah definitely was an artist. I unlocked the door inviting her back inside. She grabbed my hands squeezing them. "You look gorgeous" she smiled giving a little giggle of excitement. "Thank you" I smiled back. Rebekah let go of my hands as I grabbed a hair clip from my dusty desk, pinning my hair up. My hair was half up half down, falling down to my shoulder. The sun yellow blonde of my hair made me look like Goldilocks. "When does the party start?" I asked Rebekah. "At 11" she responded. She pointed her pointer finger at me deeply staring into my eyes "don't eat anything, it will ruin your dress" she scolded me. I nodded, lying to her. I was definitely going to eat something, I was famished. Rebekah gave me one more smile before leaving me to my thoughts. I closed the door behind her letting out a breath. Then, there was a knock at the door. "Rebekah, I already promise I wouldn't eat" I complained as I opened the door. My eyes widened as Elijah stood in my presence. "May we talk?" He asked in that deep voice of his that I enjoyed. "Of course" I nodded welcoming him inside.

Dress: