Chapter One

Andrews P.O.V -

My eye twitched, the anger of both me and my wolf scratching to reach the surface. The others took several steps away from were I stood, fear oozing into their veins and beginning to to take hold. I wasn't even aware of the deep growl that was emitting from my broad chest, making the air around me pulse and vibrate with the power that was itching to be released. It was like a damn that was being strained, the water building and building until it snapped, only then allowing liberation.

I could feel my control slipping and drawing me further and further into the darkness that I tried ever so much to avoid. The skin that covered my bones felt as though it was slowly burning away, ready to shed itself and take on its true form that laid just out of reach. My gaze stayed on the motionless bodies that were now just empty shells, sitting at my feet almost completely covered from head to toe in the their own dried up blood. I could tell they hadn't had any time to fight back, the surprise attack catching them off guard and giving them no opening to call for backup and inform the others of the intrusion.

Four more of our men lost, the sound of their mates mourning their loss loud enough for me to hear when we stood located at the south of the borders edge, deep in the woods. I could tell the need for revenge was only being added to by the new deaths in our pack. I took a deep breath and reigned myself back, now was not the time to lose it. The pack needed a leader, someone they could look for when seeking the answers. My wolf hardly budged and only slightly settled back down but the fur on his back remained standing, ready and alert for either another attack or a retaliation to be set in play.

Taking another needed lungful of oxygen for good measure, I turned to face the members that remained still stocked, waiting for me verdict of action. I could see them trying to mask the emotions swirling through their beings, trying to keep them in check. Jacob, Alex, and the twins Caleb and Cole were close to many in our community. Their deaths will surely take a tole on many that live among us. I stared at the ground for a few seconds more, conjuring up the speech and decisions I was going to have to make when I opened my mouth. We had to be sensible and straight with our next moves. Though, it sounded to me like I was trying to convince myself of this and failing. I was dying to rip out of this form I remained in and take off into a run with nothing but the hunger for blood in mind.

"Trey, choose whose to replace our fallen and make sure to double on security." I couldn't hold back all of the anger that charged in my system as the words left my mouth. As soon as I was done Trey, my beta, took action of me demand.

I needed to give the others something to grab onto, something to get them seeking the blood of the enemy but my wolf rose again and was too much to hold back any longer. The others knew what I meant when I turned away from them and back towards the woods, my eyes probably already as black as the night with no stars scattering the sky above. The bones in my hands had already began to shift, the sound of cracking loud in my ears. "Choose among yourself who is to come with me," that was all I could get out. Red spots started to cover my vision and take hold. The need for our enemy's blood grew stronger, I didn't care if this is what they wanted.

I ripped off my shirt and as I began to unbuckle my belt a pack member burst through the trees only a few feet away from where we grouped. I hadn't heard his approach because of the loud arguing the others were doing in choosing who was to come along with me to track down the killers who thought they could get away with what they've done.  He ran but stumbled forward, quickly standing and not caring enough to dusk of the dirt that now covered his cloths that hung on his form. His eyes were wide and his face covered in a full out smile. I cocked my head in confusion, my wolf also intrigued with what the boy was here to say. I somewhat calmed down, even if it was only merely.

"Alpha! Alpha! I have great news to tell you." He bent down and rested his hands on his knees, his breath coming out ragged and harsh from what I'd guess as a long and grim run. As he looked back up to tell me the thing he seemed so set on sharing whatever it was was cut off as he caught sight of the bodies that remained at our feet.

"Wh- what hap- happened here?" The look of happiness and eagerness left his face in a blink of an eyes, replaced with dread and sorrow. He gave up the need to stay standing and fell to his knees, hitting the ground in a thunk and lowering his gaze in dismay. My wolf growled in frustration.

In quick strides I made my way to him, sweeping him back up by gripping his arm and yanking till his feet once again touched the dirt floor. "What is the news you were going to say." I forced his line of sight to meet mine to help make him focus on the question that came out more like a demand. I saw a sliver of that ardor come back as a smile crept back on his face, though, it was much smaller than before.

"We found her, we found a Luna."