Chapter Three - Bellamy

Laying in his tent, nestled between the blankets, Bellamy was deep in thought about what had happened out in the woods. His uncanny attraction to Clarke was growing stronger, and he could only hope she felt the same way. And then there was that moment where her eyes went all unfocused and she tensed up, as though in displeasure. Bellamy had let her dismiss it, but deep down, he knew there was something up. Clarke was such a strong girl, that whenever she let her guard down, it surprised him, so Bellamy was determined to find out what was bothering his friend.
Octavia stirred beside him, and Bellamy turned to observe her sleeping face. She was so precious to him, and she looked and reminded him more and more of their mother every day. And yet, Octavia was her own unique person too. She had lately been spending a week with them, and a week with the grounders alternately, where she was the second to the head of combat, Indra. Bellamy knew his sister was happy, but he still worried about her every day that she wasn't with them. After all, the grounders were known to be reckless...but then again, so was Octavia. Letting out a sigh, Bellamy let himself sink further into the bed, when a scream ran out over the clearing. It was a sound that he never wanted to hear, yet set him into the most motivated mindset he'd been in for a while. "Clarke," he gasped, quickly undoing the zipper door on the tent and racing out into the night. Her scream sounded again, and it seemed to stab right into Bellamy's heart, which was currently slamming against his ribs. Following the sound, he wasn't surprised to end up at the medicine tent. He fumbled for the zipper, the darkness making it much harder than it should have been. But as soon as he got it open, Bellamy climbed in, scanning the floor for Clarke. She was alone in the tent, heaven knows why, and she was laying in the far corner, shaking and whimpering. It became clear to him that she was having a nightmare. Bellamy moved over and crouched at her side, pity washing over him. "Clarke, Clarke, wake up!" He murmured urgently, while gently shaking her shoulder. It took a minute or so, but finally, her eyes fluttered open and she tensed up more, and by the expansion in her chest, Bellamy realized she was about to scream again.
"Clarke, it's ok, it's just me. You're safe." He said in a soothing tone, brushing his hand over her arm. As soon as she recognized his voice, and realized she'd only been dreaming, Bellamy saw and felt her relax, but only slightly. "Bellamy, what are you doing here?" She gasped. "You should be in bed, resting..." Clarke continued on, but her words became muffled in his ears. All he noticed was the choking in her voice, the heaving of her chest...and the tear rolling down her cheek, followed by another, and another. In that moment, all Bellamy wanted was to bring her close to him. So he did; opening his arms, he gave Clarke the clear invitation, and, to his surprise, she took it without hesitation. As she sat up, more tears flowed down her cheeks, and she uttered a soft sob as she pressed herself into his arms, head resting on his chest. Bellamy felt a sensation that he hadn't felt before; he wanted to protect Clarke forever, keeping her safe in his embrace. He wrapped his arms around her small body, pulling her even closer to him, and burying his face in her blonde hair. Bellamy could feel Clarke's heart pounding against him, and she whimpered again. "It's ok, I'm here now. You're safe." He murmured softly. He held her for what seemed like eternity, until she suddenly pulled back, gazing up at him. She'd stopped crying, but there was still a look of pain in her eyes. "I lied to you, back in the woods," she muttered, "I've been having these visions, and nightmares about all the people who've died...my friends...my family...and I just stood there and watched it happen...and made it happen..." Clarke trace off and Bellamy pictured Fin with a sad sigh. He was overwhelmed with sympathy and care for her, and yet, he had no idea what to say. So instead, he leaned forward...and kissed her lightly on the forehead. Clarke gasped in surprise, and at first, Bellamy thought he'd offended her. But then, she raised her chin and looked up into his eyes. "You missed." She said softly. And then, before he had time to question her, Clarke's lips were on his. Bellamy tensed in surprise, the strong feeling of emotion washing over him once more. But then he relaxed. Her lips where so soft, and sweet as honey. But just as the kiss began, Clarke pulled away. Bellamy found it difficult to catch his breath, and his heart was pounding so hard, it was making him shake rhythmically. Clarke seemed to notice, because she smiled slightly. "W...what was that?!" Bellamy gasped, searching her sky blue eyes for answers. She brushed a hand over her cheeks, collecting all the tears she'd cried. "I'm not sure," she said wistfully, making Bellamy frown, "but I know for certain that it's something good." He smiled despite himself. And as he moved closer to her again, he could feel the attraction like a magnet. Clarke was as radiant as the sun, and in that moment, everything was perfect. She kissed him again, and then she moved back into his arms. "Clarke," he murmured softly. He felt her adjust so she was gazing up at him. "Yeah?" She replied softly. Bellamy reached down deep, for what he had to say next was something that he'd been aware of for a long time now, and had yet to truly assess. "You know that time when we were sitting against a tree, a few months ago, after finding all those guns at that concentration camp?" Clarke nodded, her gaze burning into Bellamy's. "Well," he continued. "When you told me you needed me...well...I...I need you, too." The words tasted sweet on his tongue, and Clarke didn't respond, she only pressed up against him even more. Bellamy held her tightly, and, although he too didn't know for sure what this was, he knew one thing for certain: with Clarke this close to him, the future seemed a whole lot brighter.

*Author's Note: I hope you enjoyed my first story! Please leave a comment on how you thought I did, and let me know any of your ideas or suggestions for other stories I should write about The 100. Thanks!:)