Chapter 16

May 20, 2021

"RISE AND SHINE!" I sing to Jack.

It was bright and early, and time for school. I had grown a lot in these past months I guess you could say. As Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran called it, Everything has Changed. (PLS IM SORRY I HAD TO) Well, maybe not everything. Noah and I are closer than ever. Jack and I are, well closer than ever. The losers, they are the losers. Not much to say. Millie is good. I guess her and Sophia bonded a lot lately. Things have been weird. I have gotten to become great friends with Sadie, Chloe, Louis, Gaten, and Caleb. There was only a month left of school, exactly. Meaning next month would mark one year since I met Noah.

"No." Jack replied.

"I'll meet you downstairs," I say leaving his room.

Soon enough, he walked into the kitchen as he always does. We continued our routine, eating breakfast then biked to school to meet up with the others.
The sun was warm, it was the first nice day out in a while. For almost a week, it has been raining and seeing the sun today, was the best feeling.
We arrived at the dreaded building we call school and lock up our bikes, along with meeting the others.
"Hey guys," I greet them.
An array of 'hello' follow.
"Hey Noah," I smile giving him a side hug.
In one month, it would be our one year anniversary of meeting each other. Time went by so quick.
"What's up Cass," he looks down.
Millie and Sophia follows close behind Noah.
I smile at them and soon enough, we all walk into school.
After a couple classes, I head to art. Art has ended up to be my favorite class, not to mention, I wasn't awful at it. It was just so relaxing and I met some great people out of it.
"Hey squad," I say walking over to the table where Sadie, Chloe, Gaten, Caleb, and Louis are sitting.

"Because it adds sweetness to the pizza," Gaten argues to the table.
"No, it does not belong on pizza. Pizza is Italian. Pineapple is Hawaiian," Caleb argues back.
"They balance each other out. Don't knock it until you try it my guy," I chime in.
"No. It simply does not work like that. It should be knocked," Sadie argues.
"I agree with Caleb and Sadie," Louis adds in.
"No its so good. Just try it," Chloe says. 
"You guys are mental," Caleb says shaking his head.
"What do you like? Pepperoni? Boring," I say as I work on my drawing.
"Yes, Cassidy. I do like pepperoni," Caleb says.
"Of course you do."
~

"What are you drawing over there," Sadie asks me.
"The dock for the boat Noah and I had our first date. I'm going to give it to him for our one year anniversary of meeting," I smile.
"I still can't believe you're dating it," Chloe says.
"Yeah yeah," I laugh.
"That's so cute," Sadie says.
"Caleb you should make something for Sadie," I smirk.
"Yeah Caleb. Be better," Gaten hits his arm.
"For real, cmon Caleb," Louis eggs him on.
We all laugh.
"I got a few tricks up my sleeve," Caleb puts his hands up in defense.

The bell eventually rings and we part ways. I walk with Sadie and Louis to english, which is also one of my favorites.
"Hey Mr. Nelson," I smile.
"There's my favorite student," he says.
We both laughs and I head to my seat next to Noah.
"Hey hey hey," I smile sitting down.
"Hola chica,"
Mr. Nelson starts his lesson. We do tons of writing in this class, but I've always liked writing, as long as it was fiction. Stories were always something I was good at. Something about being able to write about whatever you want and having full control over it always gave me some type of comfort I could not explain.
"You wanna hang out today?" I quietly ask Noah.
"Of course, come over to my house around 3:30?" He asks.
"You bet,"
Once my teacher finishes explaining the assignment, he gives us a few pages of blank lined paper.
"You have 40 minutes to right down a narrative. A story of one of you happiest moments. You can use as many pages as you need. Get started," he explains.
I wasn't a huge fan of narratives. Mostly because nothing that interesting has happened to me.  I ended up writing about Christmas morning a couple years back. I honestly just added things to make it more memorable, but he wouldn't know.
The 40 minutes were up and I had finished almost 3 pages, which was good with me. After handing in my paper, the bell rang and class was dismissed, also meaning school was over for the day.
We all met outside, deciding what our plans for the day would be. With only a month left of school, there was minimal homework.
"I would do something but I have plans after school," Millie says.
"Chosen is coming over to my house for a little if anyone wants to join,' Jeremy informs the group.
"Sorry I'm busy too after school then I'm hanging with Cass," Noah says.
We end up not really planning anything and heading back our separate days.
"Finn and Jaeden are probably going to come over," Jack says as we walk home.
"Okay, I think I'm just going to chill until I go to Noah's," I reply.
"You really like him, huh?" He says after a moment of silence.
"Yeah," I can't help but smile, "I do."
We end up making small conversation on the way back. My mom is out again, but now she has a boyfriend. I haven't met him yet, but I pretty much know everything about him from all this talking.
I finish a lab for chemistry and look out my window. The sun was shining, but it wasn't too hot. It was the perfect temperature with an occasional breeze of wind. The birds were out and and trees swayed. It made me so happy to see the weather was getting warmer, meaning summer was coming soon. All of us have talked about summer since New Years.
Distracting me from my thoughts, I hear Finn and Jaeden enter the house.
I decide to go downstairs and greet them.
"Hey guys," I smile.
"Hola Cassidy," Jaeden winks.
We all sit on the couch, contemplating what to do.
Eventually, we head into the basement to play some ping pong. It was me and Jaeden against Finn and Jack.
It was a close game throughout, but Finn and Jack ended up winning.
"Losers," Jack says and him and Finn cheer their victory.
"This isn't over, we will get you back," Jaeden says as I nod my head in agreement.
"Alright I should get going, see you later," I say as I head back up the stairs.
I quickly grab my bike and start to head over. It was 3:10, a little earlier than intended but sometimes it takes longer to get there. I begin to reminisce on the times Noah and I had. It's crazy how much someone can change your life.
I arrive at his house after a few minutes, and see his mother outside gardening.
"Hi Mrs. Schnapp, how are you?" I greet her.
We had only met a few times before, but she was so nice.
"Oh hey Cassie, I'm great how are you?"
"Good, thanks," I smile one last time before heading inside.
"Hi Chloe!" I wave to the girl in the kitchen.
"Oh hey Cass!"
We talk for a minute before I head up to Noahs room. Normally, he would be downstairs, but he was not. So, due to the special occasion, I decide to use it to my full advantage and scare him.
I quietly creep to his door, which is open a crack.
I silently count down in my head before jumping and swinging his door wide open.
"BOO" I shout.
But the big smile on my face soon drops immediately while looking at the sigh in front of me.
It was Noah and a girl kissing. But it wasn't just any girl. It was Millie. My best friend. Making out.
I didn't know what to say. I just stood there. I was hurt. Confused. Felt betrayed. I wanted to burst into tears right then and there, yet I was frozen.
"Cassie, I can explain-" Noah begins.
"I don't understand," I manage to get out and tears begin to form in my face.
Millie sat on the bed, not exactly knowing what to do.
"I promise, it's not what it looks like, I can explain," Millie stands up.
"Shut up," I say closing my eyes.
"I hate you. Both."
I turn away, ignoring the calls from them. I was so hurt. My heart shattered into a million pieces.
I rushed down the stairs to the door.
"Bye Chloe I'll see you tomorrow," I say fast.
"Wait Cass, what happened?" She asks sincerely.
I stop in my tracks and turn around to face her. The twin of the person who just broke my heart.
It doesn't even take her a second to jump out of her seat and run over to me. I was embraced into her arms. We stayed like that for a moment, just me crying into her shoulder. Noah and Millie didn't dare to come down.
"I'm sorry," I sniffle as we pull away.
"Don't be, do you want to talk?" She asks in her soft voice.
"I'd ask your brother," I say wiping away my tears.
She angrily looks up the stairs.
"I'm so sorry for whatever he did," she starts.
"It's not your fault. I'm going to head home now, thank you," I force a smile, before turning around once again.
I get outside and tears stream down my face. I decided it was not safe to ride my bike home and I pulled out my phone to call my mother, but my hands were shaking too much.
"Are you okay?" I hear a voice.
I jump at the sound and quickly recognize it to be Noahs mother.
"Shit" I mumble to myself. I had thought I was all alone.
I look at her, not knowing what to say.
"No actually, your son just was making out with my best friend,"
Well of course I didn't say that. She walked over to me and gave me a long hug.
She told me should would drive me home and I couldn't decline the offer.
She didn't make me talk about what was wrong.
We reached my house and I got out of the car after thanking her.
I slowly opened the door and walked inside. I shut it behind be and leaned back on it. Silently letting more tears come out. I make my way to the stairs but get interrupted by a voice I knew belonged to Jack.
"Yeah I'll get the popcorn," he says turning the corner where I was standing to go up the stairs.
We both stopped in our tracks looking directly at each other.
Momentarily, I felt his arms wrap around me. I cried some more into his chest before he could ask we what was wrong.
"Noah cheated on me with Millie," I stammered out.
"I'm so sorry," he says while hugging me tighter.
We let go of each other, not exactly sure what to say next.
"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked me.
I shake my head. I wasn't in the mood to talk right now. I didn't know what to say.
So, I told him I was going to go upstairs and shower and try to sleep. So that's exactly what I did.
I stepped into the shower, and felt there hot water against my body. I tried washing the tear away, but they kept coming.
Everything we had felt so perfect. I couldn't imagine what went wrong. If it was something I did. Millie knew how much I loved him. Noah knew how much I loved him. Nothing made sense. I let the sad music play in the background of the water hitting the ground.
The Night we Met came on.
"Wow, perfect timing," I thought to myself.
Although I cried to it, a lot, the memory of the first time I met Noah replayed in my head more and more. It was destiny. I felt like I was in a fairytale each time I was with him. But I guess that's the thing about fairytales. We grew up, thinking every boy we met would be the one. There wouldn't be heartbreak. Or doubts. Just pure, innocent love. So now, what am I supposed to do? What story can I try to follow to hope everything will be okay

Hi guys!  I'm so sorry for the long wait- i have been so busy with school and sports etc. but here's a longer chapter! Hope you enjoy!