Chapter One

This book will contain a lot of flashbacks!  They will generally be placed at thee beginning of the chapter, so just a heads up :) but there is so much to finally dive into about the Mavericks. It's good to be back Maverick Fam!! Enjoy, Cc

Winters

Chapter One

"Welcome Cathleen, it's such an honor to have you on our show this morning," the beautiful talk show host greets me and I give her my most charming smile. I take in her styled deep brown curls and wide-set blue eyes. Her frame is slender like my own but I sit much taller than her.

"It's an absolute pleasure to be here," I say easily and I make sure my shoulders are back.

"Everyone in the studio has been buzzing with excitement when you agreed to do an interview, considering how high profile you and Alexander Caspian are it's a wonder you aren't being suckered into morning shows every week," she says in a joking manner and I let off a smooth laugh.

"We honestly just don't have the time for them and it isn't a necessary publicity step for the company. The work that our employees create stands out so much that the promotion and sales of most products happen organically," I say sweetly before tucking a loose dark strand back behind my ear. I want to yank my hair back into a messy bun but I am trying to look professional. There are a few things that need to be cleared up so I am suffering through this.

"Well gets right into it, there have been some rumors surfacing that not only do you have a sister, but she's dating none other than Alexander Caspian?" She asks me and I see the excitement alight in her eyes as she gets to the root of the gossip.

"I do have a sister; her name is Hadley Winters and she worked previously with another firm until she wanted to change her employment. After we found this out, we approached her asking if she would be interested in working for Voyager. She said yes and that she would love to join our team now that she has experience elsewhere. We are so lucky to have her on board, she is just as much of a genius as my beautiful wife Aviva," I say sweetly and I tilt my head slightly.

"How is Mrs. Arlington-Winters?" The brunette asks me and I grin wider, it's a much more genuine smile.

"Aviva is fantastic, she's be handling a lot of project management because her insight is so invaluable and of course I'm excited she hyphenated her last name," I say in an almost playful tone. We had started that process right before Hadley came crashing back into our lives and it has been finalized for a bit now.

"That's wonderful to hear. Speaking of other potential power couples, are the rumors true? Are Hadley Winters and Alexander Caspian exclusive?" She asks me and I chuckle and toss my hair. The motion appears so genuine but I can practically feel Aviva and especially Hadley rolling her eyes at my behavior. She has mastered in the last few weeks reading between the lines of the behavior I use to appear more like a CEO and how I actually behave.

"I need to make one thing very clear before I answer your very important question," I say and my lips twist into a little smirk.

"Yes?"

"Although the Caspian and Winters family are long-standing friends, and I have jokingly called Alexander my cousin at various times in my life, there is no actual blood relationship between our two families. This is why I can say with the utmost confidence that Hadley and Alexander are indeed dating," I say smoothly and her eyes light up and I see the thrill in getting an exclusive coursing through her.

"How long has this been going on?" She asks me and I can practically feel the camera panning in closer.

"They were childhood sweethearts, we were the three musketeers as kids but there was always something special about Hadley and Xander," I say and I let my features soften. There is so much truth to that statement, I am lucky every day that Xander forgave me. I wouldn't have anything if we hadn't started Voyager together.