Chapter 48: Invitation

I feel different today, siguro kasi finally inamin ko na sa sarili ko na gusto ko si Xander. Kasi unang-una sa lahat, how can I deny it kung yung dating tingin ko sa kanya na wala lang, ngayon meron nang meaning. Like, how is it possible na sa loob ng isang araw all I can think about is how happy I am na kasama siya. It's mindblowing, kasi alam ko naman dati pa, Xandy is really cool, pero ngayon kasi parang times ten lahat. Whenever I see him, the world literally slows down.

"Hoy, HK." May nag snap sa harap nang muka ko, it's Estavo. Nasa meeting kasi kami ngayon, they are discussing how to mask Leon's death, and how to deal with the aftermath. Initially pala, they intended to let him live, pero... Van was so enraged kasi sa ginawa sa akin na napatay niya. Ngayon they have to be careful because of dangerous advances from Xanus Clan.

"Phoenix is getting strength from Xanus, and we can't deny their influence. We have to find a way to shut them down."

May nilahad na folder si Gautier sa gitna and it is filled with photos.

"They are their family." He pointed at the woman in the first picture. She looks so familiar. "She is the daughter of the Xanus' clan head. Margeaux Elifancto."

"I swear, I have seen her..." I swear talaga that goddess looking woman is super familiar! I keep racking my brain para naman maging useful sa kanila, since dinala-dala nila ako dito sa meeting nila. "Was she invited sa annual gathering sa inyo, Xandy?"

"I'm not sure, the way Sir Hiroshi invites people is difficult to explain, but possibly, because Elifancto trading is one of the businesses he watches."

Sa buong party, the only people that I saw na mukang mga literal na mga diyosa are the...

"I remember! The Abandonded wives society!"

"The what?" Confused na tanong nila sa akon while trying to make full sense of what the society is.

"Nung party kasi, I sat with beautiful ladies, as in literal goddesses! They called themselves the Abandoned Wives Society kasi na-sideline din sila nang mga asawa sila. Ooh guys, kung alam niyo lang marami ako scoop sa kanila! Imagine they were all good looking pero mga asawa nila harap-harapan na may kasamang ibang babae."

"I mean you do kinda belong there" Umiiling iling na sabi ni Gautier.

"Edi yun nga, she's one of them. She kept complaining about her husband, nakausap ko din siya nang onti because she liked my earrings. Tsaka excuse me, hind ako abandoned, I abandoned, joke." Sabay belat sa kina Gautier at Estavo. In fairness they're growing balls against Van.

Van looked super annoyed kaya tumahimik na kami tapos pinag-report si Rivere.

"She is the one and only daughter. If somehow we can create a plan to side her with us, it's our win automatically."

Hmm...

"She did say na she had no choice but to be with her husband. What if I girl talk her, and befriend her? And somehow gain her favor?"

"Hk can do it, I mean you fit perfectly in their club."

"Exactly. All of them know naman how much Van adores the nation's first love, so... Plus almost all of as are in the same situation."

"Fine, I'll arrange a meeting for you and her. But, be careful, she is still as dangerous as anyone else."

At least this is a little mission to ease my mind, plus, a little way din para makatulong ako sa kanila so they could finally say that I can do anything I can put my mind into.

~

After few days, Margeaux said yes on meeting with me, pero in a not conventional way. On the letter she delivered to me, she attached a plane ticket to Paris, not to me lang, pero pati kay Xander.