Chapter 1 Part 2 a

You watched as Nao's face, completely dejected, harbored tears that fell as she sat by his body in a pool of blood. Too shocked to speak or even have a single thought, you held your mouth not to utter a word. Although, you had little interaction with the man, that sort of sight would send all rational thinking to a frenzy in anyone. You ran out of the room, your heart palpitating wildly. What happened? Everything keeps getting weirder to the point you can't make any sense of it. Through all the hectic noise, you started to feel sick to the stomach.

Thinking back at the way his flesh sizzled against the collar. The smell of it stinging your nostrils. You found yourself back in the spaceous main hall, away from everyone else. You heeled over holding your stomach and mouth, then stumbled back into the wall, sliding down into a fetal position. You felt your head spin making you lightheaded and dizzy. You grabbed your head in your hands, wanting to scream. As you tried to make sense of all the panic in your thoughts, you hyperventilated. You tried to rationalize, make sense of it like you always did. But this time, your emotions felt uncontrollable. You were angry, ashamed, sad. You lost the person that meant the most to you out of a selfish greed to survive. A man died a gruesome death not because he deserved it but because someone in the group felt they needed to be the one to survive. And, the worst part is you knew this isn't going to end anytime soon. There was no way they'd just let you out so easily, it was a pipedream.

"But it wasn't your fault." you thought aloud.

"Who's fault, Y/N?" Sou's voice startled you.

"Nothing!" You shouted, picking yourself up off the floor and dusting yourself off. You cleared your throat and your thoughts trying to form a coherent sentence that wasn't about the events prior. "I mean.. Sorry, I was just speaking to myself then." You muttered shamefully. The uncomfortable silence filled the air, however. Even if you couldn't see it, you felt his gaze strongly on you as if he could see into you. As if he knew exactly what you did.

"Y/N? Are you hiding something?" His eyes bore into you, you felt the guilt flooding you as he stared at you intensely. Your eyes starting to well up, he stepped closer. He had you backed up against the wall. You wrapped your arms around yourself and looked away trying to further yourself from him as much as you could in your trapped position and away from his gaze.

He smiled at you wearily. "I'm sorry, I'm not the best at comforting people." He scratched his chin in distress.

The tears that were welled up in your eyes finally fell as you closed them tight and sighed in relief. "Yeah, I can tell." 

You shivered uncomfortably, who the fuck does that? Maybe it was in your head. Maybe he was just concerned about you and the guilt was getting to you. You shook off your uneasiness and wiped your eyes.

He started to babble and apologize profusely. But you were too caught up in your thoughts to care. You started to sob, and his apologies ceased. He took your hands into his and rubbed your knuckles with his thumbs.

"Y/N.." He gazed into your eyes with a stern look on his face. "If my assumptions are right, don't worry. You couldn't have done anything about it."

His words triggered it all to come out. As if on impact, you fell to the floor wailing, grasping at your hair and holding your face as you let it out. And in between your cries you managed to get out, "she's gone."

"..It was Hikari, right?" he rubbed your back as you cried into his shoulder, your sobs turning into sniffles.

Wiping your tears, you asked him, "How did you know?"

"I remember someone cute saying her name."

Q-Taro gasped aloud, "Now when'd this get here?!"

Surprised by his booming voice, you pushed Sou away and covered your puffy red eyes.