𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

just because things could have been different,
doesn't mean they would've been any better.
- christy cole

~~~~~

as everyone starts leaving from the dining room, i can see that all the food that once was on the table, is now gone. some people must have been hungry, that's besides the point though. i exit the dining room, now linked arm and arm with dream as we lead the group to the front double doors of the castle. dream and i say our goodbyes to everyone and they leave, when the last person walks through those doors, they shut automatically. they slam together with a loud bang and all in that moment, i unlink my arms with him and start the walk to my room. as i get to the bottom of the spiral staircase, i don't even pay attention to dream walking up behind me.

"did i say you could go to your room?" he protested. 

"i don't take orders from you." i corrected, not turning around. my back still facing him. i put my foot on the first stair but as i go to take a step toward the next one, my wrist is grabbed and i am forcibly made to look at dream. i didn't even know he was this close.

"y/n, you will listen to me. i am in control." dream declared, still gripping tightly to my wrist.

"would you let go of me?" i asserted as i try to free my wrist of his grip. "if you hate me so much, why am i even here!" i cried, finally freeing my hand and running up the stairs. not looking behind me.

as i run up the staircase, tears fall from my eyes. i open my door and slam it behind me after i walk in. i strip from my dress and put on long sleeve florescent nightgown. i made my way to the glass window, opening the door and walking out. i walk to the ledge of the balcony, just leaning against it. as i look around, my legs begin to feel heavy and i slowly slide down onto my knees. 

i have always been strong. even when i felt like hurting and breaking down, i have always been the person i needed to be. i have never showed emotion to people. when wilbur signed my right away was the first time i have ever cried in front of people. now, i don't think i can control it anymore. my body feels drained of all the stress i have gone through, but my heart hurts the worst. i am wanted by nobody. no one in lmanburg wanted me, no one in this dumb castle wants me here. as my mind wanders endlessly, i drift of to sleep to the sound of wind blowing and leaves rustling.

~~~

my eyes slowly open as the sun blares in my eyes. i rub my hands over my eyes and sit up. i look over the balcony and saw a garden. it was huge... and beautiful. i guess i didn't notice it last night because it was so dark. i get up from the warm concrete i was sitting on and walked into my room. to my surprise, sapnap was in there changing out my sheets on my bed.

"hi sapnap, i didn't expect to see you in here!" i blurted out of shock. 

he stops what he is doing, and looks up at me. "hi y/n, im sorry to startle you. i was just changing out your bed sheets. which might not have been needed due to you sleeping outside the whole night." sapnap jokingly expressed.

"oh yeah, i am sorry about that. i guess i was just super tired!" i assured. stepping into the room and closing the door behind me.

"i hope you are tired anymore. you have a meeting in about ten minutes with the king that i will escort you to." sapnap announced. 

"okay, thank you for telling me. i need to change, but is their any rules for this meeting like the dinner last night?" i asked. 

"just wear something classy, not what you wore last night." sapnap answered. "now i will leave so you can get changed." he said as he walked out the door and closed it behind him.

i really don't want to go and see dream. i hate him, and i have only know him for a day. i think we have mutual feelings for each other. i need to come up with a way out of this castle soon. somewhere i can run, i just don't know where yet.

i look through my closet and can't find anything. as i ruffle through all the dresses, i finally find something classy, or at least something i think is classy. it is a short dark green halter top dress. it seems fitting for the day. it matches how i am feeling... dark and gloomy. 

i manage to slip it on over my head

i manage to slip it on over my head. i walk over to the mirror on the dresser and do my hair. i keep it down and i quickly straighten my hair. i put on my makeup, which i don't put on a lot because i like the natural looks. i look at the clock and see i am running out of time, i run to my closet and get on black heels as fast as i can. i speed walk over to my door and open it. i see sapnap is standing off to the side with his arm out, i link arms with him.

"you ready y/n?" sapnap asks.

~~~~~

word count: 966

author's note: sorry for the long chapter! haha :)