04 - ɴᴜᴍʙᴇʀ, ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ?

~•~

~•~

"HAAAA..?" You and Kuroo both yell in unison. While Kenma, slowly walks away to the exit of the gym not wanting to be in the middle of an uncomfortable situation.

Kuroo begins stuttering and shaking all over the place. It was so sudden too. He wasn't prepared for a statement like that. He had to do something, he didn't want his sister to feel even worse than she already is. Before he could say anything else though, you angrily yell, "NO! YOU HAVE IT ALL WRONG! Tetsuro and I are related!!"

Kuroo could see the redness in your face. This has been the first time in years, to see you angry like this. His widened eyes was enough proof of that already. Bokuto slowly blinked. Did he just hear that correctly? Then again, he didn't take you the type to yell angrily.

You wave your hands in front of you, "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to yell!" Feeling embarrassed from your bad-tempered attitude, you look down and begin fidgeting with your fingers.

"I..." Bokuto started, "I should be the one to apologize. I didn't know what I was thinking. I should have never jumped into conclusions." He rubs the nape of his neck, trying to brush off the embarrassment he just caused.

Kuroo then lets out a small chuckle, "Nobody should be apologizing. I should have stepped in when I had the chance."

Still feeling ashamed, you keep your head down. You don't want to meet the boy's gaze or you'll probably cry on the spot. "Anyways, to clear things up," Kuroo clasps his hands together. "Pretty girl over here has a name.." Kuroo wraps his arm around your shoulder to pull you close to his chest. He ruffles your hair and smiles brightly at you, "C'mon! Tell him your name.!"

Gulping, you slowly look up to meet the boy's gaze. The two of you lock eyes, and you could swear that you felt a lot less anxious. You open your mouth, but nothing comes out. Kuroo mentally encourages you to face your fear of meeting new strangers. Honestly to him, it's kind of funny to watch. You're like another version of Kenma.

You were nervous to say the least. Something simple like this should be easy to anyone. Yet, you had trouble saying one simple sentence. Maybe it was because of the way you yelled at him? You didn't mean to though... You could always apologize to him properly later...

"She doesn't have to if she doesn't feel comfortable saying it," Bokuto says to his friend. Raising one eyebrow, Kuroo looks at Bokuto confused.

"I'm Bokuto Koutaro! The captain and ace of Fukurodani! Nice to meet you!" He bows and smiles with his eyes closed. Seeing his smile, made you feel warm inside. It was a comforting feeling of reassurance. It was as if he was shining brightly like the sun. His smile could light up a room, heck even a whole stadium full of hundreds and thousands of people.