First Day at Karasuno (part 1)

Fumiko sighed; it was going to be a long day.

"Hurry up, dumbass!" her twin brother's voice came out muffled through the bathroom door.

"Jeez, okay, can't you see I'm busy?" Tobio never really had a knack for polite etiquette. She would have to teach him later.

"Yeah, whatever, just hurry up. We don't have long."

Heaving another great sigh, Fumiko put down her hairbrush and glanced in the mirror. Her inky black hair cascaded down her shoulders, gentle waves rippling in the fluorescent light of the bathroom as she rubbed at her eyelids in an attempt to wake herself up. Fumiko turned away; her eyes were always a source of contempt for her. She felt that they were dark, much too dark, sometimes so much so that they even seemed bottomless. But there was no use in complaining, she thought. Nothing more than a waste of time.

"Fumiko! Are you coming or not? I'm leaving without you!" Her brother's voice rang out into the hall.

Pulling on her uniform, Fumiko slung her bag over her shoulder with ease and made her way towards the front door when something caught her eye.

"Tobio, you idiot! You left the volleyball!"

Scooping it up with her free hand, she cleanly aimed it towards the back of Kageyama's head. Chuckling at his angry exclamations, she ruffled his hair affectionately as they walked together to their new school, Karasuno.

"It's kinda weird, right?" mumbled Kageyama," Going to a new school. Joining a new team, after everything that happened at Kitagawa Daiichi."

Fumiko squinted at him from the corner of her eye. She knew this was coming; it was only a matter of time.

"Look, Tobio. The people here aren't the same people who went to Kitagawa Daiichi. It's a whole new batch of people to play with. New opportunities and unique experiences are waiting for you. It isn't like before. Plus, you've changed. You're trying your best, and anyone who can't see that is an ignorant ass."

A smile played around his lips as he sighed and looked up towards the cloudless sky, his breath visible in the chilly morning air.

"Thanks, Fumiko. I know you've had your fair share of bad-"

"It's fine", her voice was hard. "I'm not bothered by it, and frankly, talking about it is just a nuisance."

Kageyama shrugged in defeat and closed his eyes, "If you say so."

Karasuno started to come into view, they had reached. Students milled around the gates, the sounds of their laughter and chatter filling the air. Cherry blossoms quivered tremulously in the spring breeze as their petals drifted gently towards the earth, glowing in the morning sunlight. Fumiko smiled. Maybe today wasn't going to be such a long day after all. Kageyama's voice shook her out of her reverie.

"Which class you in?"

"1-B, you?"

"1-C, but I'm going to go ahead and check out the volleyball court first. You can go ahead, see you later."

Waving him off and still feeling elated, she walked towards her class with a spring in her step. Everything was going just great until- RRRRIP. Disoriented, Fumiko jerked her head down to find all her books clattering onto the ground and pencils scattered everywhere. Great, her bag had ripped. What now? No, she thought. Today was her first day, and it was going to be a good one, damn it. Rolling up her sleeves exasperatedly, Fumiko set about to pick up her school books and stationery with a fierce determination. She could carry the weight just fine, it's just that the smaller books and objects wouldn't stop tumbling out of her arms.

Just as she was about to throw up her hands in defeat and make Tobio come help, without any warning, a pair of hands swept in and lifted off the weight of her textbooks. Fumiko blinked in surprise as she turned around to see who the pair of hands belonged to.

"Hey, there. You looked like you needed some help."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: I wonder who helped her hmm.... anyways, I hope you liked the first chapter! I'm still pretty new to writing fanfiction like this on Wattpad, so let me know if you have any feedback!  Any and all constructive criticism is welcome. I'm pretty excited for this story because I've got some exciting ideas planned hehe. Planning to update this every week so stay tuned!

Author out~