𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 1: 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟 ℎ𝑒𝑟

The first day of school. Fantastic. Luckily, kagami's mother decided to let her choose what school she would like to go to. This was unusual for kagami, as she has only ever gone to a private school or did home schooling. After meeting adrien, her mother finally saw what she wanted. Happiness. Her own choices. Freedom. Although she wanted what was absolutely best for her daughter, she also wanted what made her happy.  Going to school with her best friend adrien, would make her happy.

Her mother made sure she was on top of everything. She wanted to make sure kagami succeeded in life. She wanted her to have a great future. Adrien then rolled around. One of her first friends. They connected the first week of fencing together. Kagami's mother was strict. No friends really, but that's all kagami wanted. To be accepted for her, not what her mother wants.

The only way kagami could communicate with her outside friends was through a secret phone. She had adrien's number. That's the only way they could communicate other than fencing. One day, her mother sat down with her.

"I have been thinking for a bit now. And I think it will be okay if you attend public school, if that's what you want to do. I know you want to go to school with adrien. I'm working on enrolling you."

"Thank you mother. Thank you so much." Kagami said with excitement.

Finally going to school with adrien. Now they can talk. More, that is. Kagami ran to her room and immediately pulled up adrien's contact.           

                                                         𝗞𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗶 (𝗺𝗲)
                                                          guess what  

𝗔𝗱𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻
What?
                                                         𝗞𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗶 (𝗺𝗲)
                                        my mother said i may                  
                                         go to school with you
𝗔𝗱𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻
Like..publicly
                                                          𝗞𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗶 (𝗺𝗲)
                                                                        yes!! 
𝗔𝗱𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻
When?                        
                                                          𝗞𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗶 (𝗺𝗲)
                                       she said i start tuesday
𝗔𝗱𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻
Great! you'll love it  
                             𝑎𝑑𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛 𝑖𝑠 𝑜𝑓𝑓𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑒

So that was that. Kagami was starting school in 3 days. She was excited. Really excited. 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑚𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟. 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑜 𝑚𝑢𝑐ℎ
She meant it. She couldn't wait. Mostly because she would be with adrien. Make true friends.

Later that night, kagami went to take a shower. She grabbed her pajamas and hid her extra phone in a pocket of her pillow case. When she got out she saw her mother half asleep on the couch. She immediately helped her mother to her room and made sure she was in bed. Then she went back to her room and went to bed.

That next morning, she woke up to an alarm.  She turned over to see it was 6:45am. She must've set her alarm later than expected. She got dressed for the day and walked into her kitchen. She started to turn on the stove when she heard a loud noise coming from her mother's room. She ran in to see her, face first, lying on the ground.

"Mother are you alright?" Kagami asked, slightly concerned.

"Yes, thank you" her mother reassured her. She set her mother on the bed again.

"I'm making breakfast right now." Kagami said quickly walking out of her mother's room. She returned to the kitchen and finally turned on the stove. She put a pan down and grabbed the eggs. She made an omlet and avocado toast for her mother and herself and helped her mother to the kitchen. They sat down and began eating.

"So.." her mother started "Are you excited to start school this Tuesday. Two more days by the way!"

"Yes mother. I simply can't wait." She dug in and washed both her and her mother's plate. She went into her room and made sure she had everything ready for her fencing in a few hours. She went outside and took a walk. She couldn't help but think what her school would be like. The classes. Was it different from private school? And how so? Her mind dozed so far she ran into a tree. 𝒔𝒉-𝒕 𝒊𝒕𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒇𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒊𝒏𝒈! She immediantly ran to her house and changed. She grabbed her extra phone and took her mom out the door. She got dropped off near adriens car. The two walked into there together and started talking.