017: are you okay?

BE MYSELF

BE MYSELF

chapter 17
– so why do i try

imessages

may 20th 2020

third person

"We need to talk. Now," jonah said, looking at jack.

"What? Why?" jack asked.

"Just sit down," jonah said pointing at the couch.

jack hesitantly sat down on the couch as jonah sat down in the chair in front of him.

"So, what's up?" jack asked, slightly nervous where this conversation was leading.

"Savannah," jonah said, bluntly.

"What about her?" jack furrowed his eyebrows.

"So you obviously like her, right?" jonah questioned.

"Well duh, I thought we already established this?" jack said, sounding more like a question.

"Do you plan on asking her out, or to be your girlfriend or whatever?" jonah asked.

"I don't know, I haven't really thought about that," jack shrugged. "But probably not, I don't want to rush things."

"Well good. Don't think about it," jonah said.

"What?" jack raised his eyebrows.

"Don't think about asking her out and don't think about asking her to be your girlfriend," jonah said.

"Why?" jack asked, starting to get mad.

"I'm pretty sure I get to choose who I date," jack said, emphasizing the 'i'. "Not you."

"I just don't think it's a good idea for you to date her," jonah said.

"Why the fuck not? Last time I checked, you weren't my mom," jack said, now furious.

"I'm twenty one, I'm responsible for my own decisions," jack continued.

"And I'll date Savannah if I want too," he added.

"Jack, do you really think you're in the right mental space to be dating anyone?" jonah asked.

"Isn't that for me to decide?" jack asked.