Chapter 7 ~ The Play (Part 1)

Here is the long waited for chapter 7 of my Drarry fic. This chapter is entirely based on the play itself.

First before you begin reading, I would like to state that while I am good at Drama a school, I do not know much about it and the theatre terminology and theatrical terms so im sorry if this sounds bad XD.

Also, the play's storyline has changed slightly and im sorry if some things from the last few chapters do not add up. I had not actually finished planning the full plot of the play before I wrote previous chapters so some things may change, for example, the dance scene at the club; I thought that it seemed more like a fancy/ball dance, so I have changed the dance and have moved the original one.

xXx

Harry was unsure. He was nervous, excited, worried, sick, and humorous.

He was nervous because the play in front of half the school was going to start in merely ten minutes. He was nervous because that play consisted of him almost making out with Draco Malfoy in front of half the school, henceforth he was going to be coming out to half the school, including the teachers.

He was excited because he would finally get this whole ordeal over and done with so he could sort something out with Draco. He was excited to kiss Malfoy as well, but he was not going to go into details on that. He was worried because of the gay couple being the lead roles. Of course, Hogwarts was a supportive place but there is always going to be some homophobes, but he trying to ignore that. He was also worried because of a slight shift in the theme for the play. The professor had decided it needed some humour so they had added that in, but Harry was worried it just would not work. What if no one laughs? What if this just ruins the entire thing?

He hesitantly pushed those doubts away as he put trust into his muggle studies professor that this would work. He had seen many posters around the school advertising the show and he had felt sick eve then. But that could not compare to what he was feeling now.

He did not feel sick in a bad way, it was almost like butterflies making his stomach flip and turn sort of sickness. It made him feel worse when he thought about being up there on a stage in front of many people. Sure, he was Harry Potter and he had always had the popularity and publicity, but that was through newspapers, never on stage in front of a couple of hundred students and teachers.

The last part, he felt like laughing, imaging Snap and McGonagall's faces while watching him make out with his former enemy. Those two teachers were always the ones to deal with the results of their arguments and rivalry, so Harry could not help but laugh at the thought.

Harry was standing at the edge of the stage at the side; the curtains were drawn out front so the only people who could see the contents of the stage were several students on either side. Most of the students were out the back sorting out their costumes and such. The Muggle Studies Professor was standing beside Harry, clipboard in her arms and she was waving a bunch of students around telling them what to do.

The stage was set out the same way it had been when they practised the first scene, a few desks scattered around, various stationary items and papers to make it as realistic as possible. There was a bright white light casting light across the stage.

Harry fixed his costume stiffly, he felt like he was in school uniform. Long black pants, a white button up shirt, the only thing missing was his cloak and his tie, which was replaced by a dark blue one. He reached up to ruffle his hair out of habit but managed stopped himself, he knew the professor would kill him if he touched the gelled hair that they had somehow managed to half-tame.