crona ftw

hello and welcome to why crona gorgon is the best soul eater character and one of the bestest and my favorite anime characters of all time

spoilers for the soul eater anime ahead (i haven't read the manga yet):

1. First of all, I should get this out of the way before I get into serious stuff- perfect. Precious baby. Cinnamon roll. Poor bean, innocent at heart. Perfect and amazing and beautiful and deserves the universe and everything in it. Doing their best and that's amazing and I support and love forever and ever. Melts my cold, dead heart and makes it go all warm and fuzzy. Best character.

2. Their redemption arc melted my heart and was incredibly well done. I was really rooting for them the whole time and was hoping that they would get some sort of development, since they were already made out to be a quite pitiable character that didn't seem to really understand their actions and just wanted to be able to deal with their anxiety and fear of the world around them, and they delivered on that incredibly. The scene where Maka and Crona became friends during the Kishin Revival Arc as well as their exchange in the sand pit made me cry, I'm not joking. 

3. They're an incredibly relatable and well-done character, using brute force and pushing others away to hide their emotional vulnerability and try and power through life because they don't think they can trust anyone or be weak. I could vent aaaall day about how hard it is for me to talk about my feelings and articulate my emotions, but that's not the point I'm making here. They were quite effective and their shy and withdrawn nature, which for many anime characters gets really annoying after a while but (for me at least) that just didn't, happen for them, as well as their past, made them a very sympathetic character. 

4. Their design is really cool, I love that it's simple and not too overdone but still manages to be interesting and practical. Ragnarok's design is pretty amazing as well and adds a surreal element not only to Crona's character but the show itself. Designs that don't have a lot of details and intricacies can be hard to pull off and can often be really boring to look at, but this is an example of one that's done quite well.

5. This is a lot like 2 but less serious, but they're a fatass mood because I don't know how to interact with other people normally and affection (from people I want it from) just makes me melt and I also cry not on purpose a lot. To the point where it's embarrasing.

6. They bring out the best in a lot of other characters, and their bonds with the others are so sweet and wholesome and make me feel even more attached to everyone. Seeing them get along with everyone and slowly crawl out of their shell made the redemption arc so enjoyable.

7. CroMa. That's it. I could rant about why this is the best ship in all of Soul Eater besides maybe TsuStar, but I'm just gonna leave it at that. They are married, no i do not accept criticism.

8. We love us some non-binary representation in this house. Although the show uses he/him pronouns, the creator has outwardly stated that their gender is a mystery, and there's even a moment in one of the episodes where Patty asks what their gender is and it never gets answered. The best part? They treat it like it's no big deal. The show goes on, no one questions it, they don't get treated oddly for it, it's just something about them that no one thinks twice about. We love that, we stan.

9. There are a few times where Maka would have ✨perished✨ if not for Crona's protection. Seriously. The most notable one is that one fight with Arachne where Maka gets paralyzed by the string things1. I haven't seen the anime in a while so I can't name many specific ones, but it's definitely something I remember. Eventually I'm gonna rewatch it again.

10. They were so dedicated to protecting Maka throughout the whole show and making sure their friend never got hurt. They were even willing to stand against their own mother, which they normally would be petrified to do, in order to protect and avenge themselves as well as ensuring Maka's safety.

11. Their VA's performance is amazing. I know that isn't really relating to the character themselves, and all of them were really good, but the way the voice portrayed Crona and matched them flawlessly was fantastic.

Is anyone actually reading this lmao

if i think of anything else it'll go here in a second chapter

stan crona or I will revoke your kneecap privileges permanently