Trying Not To Love You

Dreadwing was laying in his berth staring at the ceiling of his room on the Nemesis, one hand behind his head the other on his chest. The phantom feeling of Carbine's frame pressed into his side was his only comfort.

He and Skyquake had been experimented on during the war. There was no way he could find out what exactly happened to them because everything in the file of Project Polemos was so heavily redacted that all he could see was the list of names that had been part of the altered subjects.

He felt violated.

Dreadwing had trusted his master completely and now he didn't know what to think at all. The frustration was maddening.

Against his better judgment he pulled out the familiar little black and gold communicator and tabbed the comm line open.

::Mmm?:: Carbine's sleepy humm came over the line ::what is it Wing?:: she slurred in partially awake speech

"I can't sleep." He replied

::what's wrong?::

"I apologize for invading your privacy... I was researching Project Paragon."

There was a long pause over the line. When she responded her voice was much more awake. ::you don't have to apologize... I don't like to talk about it and those documents were probably the only way you were going to find out anything of what happened.::

"Even though some information was redacted, I learned enough to somewhat understand... What you went through was horrible."

::it's in the past, Dreadwing.::

"It was still wrong." Dreadwing rolled onto his side

::I know. But it sounds like that's not the only thing bugging you.::

"I'm surprised at how well we're getting to know each other."

::What? despite the fact that eighty percent of the time you're buried in me going at it like an animal, and ten percent is us fighting each other on the battlefield. The other ten we're pretty much sleeping:: she joked trying to lighten his mood

He let himself chuckle a little. "Yeah... Carbine..."

::You can tell me anything, Wing.::

"I found out that Skyquake and I were part of a genetic experiment during the war. It was under the radar. We didn't even know about it. Project Polemos."

::I actually heard of that one. some of the people responsible for Paragon talked about it... some of the serums they developed in Paragon were put into use with Polemos. Oh, Dreadwing...:: her voice was full of sympathy

"I don't know what to do anymore. I can't- I can't trust Megatron anymore." He rubbed his face, it made him so distraught to even have to say it.

::Is there anything I can do to help?:: she asked

"What we talked about last time... I want more with you Carbine... I want to leave."

::You know where to find me, Dreadwing.::

Dreadwing got up from his bunk. "I'll be there soon."

By the time he reached The Comet Chaser, Carbine was leaning against one of the hydraulics on the ramp waiting for him.

She left the ramp and came up to him when he appeared in the tree line.

"Hey there Wing." She said looking up at him with warm understanding eyes. "Come on. We'll have to be quiet, everyone else is asleep. We'll go to my room where it'll be more comfortable and private." Carbine grabbed Dreadwing's hand and pulled him along.