The Aftermath

Cliffs POV

The USA, my home, the country i have lived in since I was born. I love my country, but I was often away from it.

Metallica had just wrapped up the Master Of Puppets world tour. Canada was one of the last places we stopped at. I was so close but so far from home. I still absolutely loved the crowds that cheered every time I came on stage, but it wasn't the same as being home in San Francisco.

The tour bus was cold and crowded, the guys were being so fucking loud, I couldn't care less. I just was excited to see beautiful San Francisco again, but there was another person I longed to see.

See, I have a girlfriend, her name is Estelle. She's everything that I've ever wanted. Her black smooth hair was some of the greatest I have ever seen. I could not wait to hug her again and touch her hair once more. It was almost really all of what I've thought on this bus. Estelle

"Ok boys we are almost in San Francisco! Just about an hour to go" the bus driver yelled out

My home was within my reach, everything that I had built and longed for was within reach. My dreams were within reach. I stared at the window and saw many other cars pass by us, seemingly going to the same place as us. The cars were in all different colors and sizes. But they seemed to all remind me of Estelle. She loved cars, her dream was to find a beautiful car and show it off to the world, But just before we met, she was in a pretty bad wreck. Since then she's terrified to go within 5 feet of a car. I understand her pain. It is truly traumatizing what she had to go through. I've tried to help her in the best way possible, trying to drive again. So far she's liked it. Score.

As we got closer, I began to think about what brought me to this moment. I love my job, I have a beautiful girlfriend who I can see myself marrying and having kids with. And lots of wonderful fans who truly cared about me. Playing the bass has been my one true passion. And now I did it for a living. My life had truly not have been greater.

SCREECH

That was the sound of the bus coming to a stop. I was finally home. As soon as I got of the bus, I took in a breath of fresh air.

"Ahhhh" I pleasured

Suddenly, I heard footsteps coming from high heels

"CLIFF"

It was Estelle. She hugged me like I was just found after being missing for 20 years.

"Hi babe" I said to her

"Cmon don't babe me" she said sarcastically

"Oh ok" I said to her and began to lean into a kiss

After the kiss ended, I looked at her in the eyes and said "Do you know how much I love you"

"Of course honey, I can see that you dearly missed me"

I sighed "Yeah I did"

"Don't worry, that's completely ok, I would miss myself too"

"You mean that??!!"

"Of course I do" she smiled and leaned in for another kiss

I don't know what I would do without her in my arms right now.