Loteria to Lincoln

"Loteria!" Tiger exclaimed, jumping up from his chair and drawing the attention of the whole room.
        "I win! I win! You lose! You lose!" he gloated while pointing at random guests who had just one space left on their Loteria cards. Other attendees looked on in horror, shocked at the famous golfer's arrogant actions. Tiger's friend, Matthew, glanced around the room, taking in everybody's reactions, trying to figure out the best way to go about this sticky situation. Mr. Woods calmed down from his one-person celebration party and everyone soon shifted their attention towards the bingo caller, Peter Dinklage, who was already starting another game. With the transitioning of the new game at play, Matthew knew it was either now or never. He excused himself from the table, and made his way towards his friend Tiger.
        "Hey Tiger, what's up? Also, nice win by the way!" said Matthew while taking a seat next to Mr. Woods.
        "I want you to accompany me on my midnight drive".
        "And lose my winning streak? C'mon! I could go all night!" Tiger responded.
       "I insist, Tiger. I've brought a special guest with me that wants to meet you," added Matthew.
        "Oh? Who might that be?"
        "My Lincoln. I brought her with me today. Come take a drive with me, I insist."
With that, the two men promptly made their way outside and over to the Lincoln - Tiger still unsure of what exactly Matthew wanted. After maneuvering their way through exit security, the duo was finally able to begin their journey onto a random Mexican freeway. A quietness like no other filled the Lincoln, the serenity reminding Tiger of all his time on the green. The shacks of Mexico seemed to fly by as Matthew continued driving, sending Mr. Woods into a deep daydream.
        "I've been driving a Lincoln since, long before anybody paid me to drive one," said Matthew in his signature smooth voice, startling Tiger and snapping him out of his thoughts.
        "Is that so?" pondered Mr. Woods.
        "I didn't do it to be cool, I didn't do it to make a statement, I just liked it," Mr. McConaughey replied, "eighteen hundred pounds of whatever the heck I want".
        "That's how much a horse weighs," Tiger countered. A silence once again filled the entirety of the car, Matthew going deep into thought, hand on steering wheel, the touch of his Lincoln bringing him inner peace. Flying down the freeway at four in the morning with nobody around gave Matthew quite the rush. He was one with the Lincoln now, understanding every inch of it, becoming it. The Lincoln was him, and he was the Lincoln.
        "It's not about huggin' trees, it's not about being wasteful either, you just gotta find that balance," explained Matthew.
        "What do you mean?" Tiger inquired.
        "Sometimes, you gotta go back to actually move forward".
        "Well, yes, someti-"
        "And I don't mean going back to reminisce or chase ghosts, I mean go back to see where you came from, where you've been, how you got here, see where you're going," Matthew further explained, cutting off Tiger in the process. The tan leather interior of the automobile fit Mr. McConaughey like a glove - his seat being the best spot in the house, essentially his own golden ticket. When this thought popped into his head, he couldn't help but move around a little in his seat, taking it all in.
        "That's the sweet spot," Matthew muttered as he got even comfier in his chair.
        "What?" asked Tiger, confusion written all over his face.
        "Taking care of yourself takes care of more than just yourself," Mr. McConaughey replied, voice as smooth as caramel.       "Let's get you back home".
Time seemed to slip away on the trip back home, the feeling of the Lincoln being the only thing on both of the men's minds. After crossing the Tijuana border, the car navigated its way to the hills of San Diego, towards the upscale neighborhood Mr. Woods resided in. It was time to bring Tiger home.