Chapter 2: Just a Guy in a Bar

Meredith's POV

That stupid, stupid brain man doesn't even have a brain! He should've told me about his wife the night we met at the bar. Speaking of the bar, I decided to make a quick pit stop before heading home.

I parked my car and walked into Joe's bar. There aren't many people here, but yet again, it's a Thursday night. I sat down at the bar and told Joe to pour me a shot of tequila. I took the shot and told Joe to pour me another.

"Any of your friends coming tonight?" Joe asked curiously as I took another shot.

"Nope, just me. Sitting here. Drinking my feelings away," I said sadly while thinking back to what just happened ten minutes ago.

"Can I ask you what happened?"

"Well, you remember Derek?"

"Yes, I do... Did you two break up?"

My eyes started watering a little at the thought of Derek. "Yes. No. I don't know. That brain surgeon doesn't have much of a brain, you know?" I drank my third shot of the night, preparing myself for the story I'm about to tell Joe. "Pour me another one Joe." I watched as the liquor poured into my shot glass. I threw it back into my mouth, and slammed the shot glass on the table.

"Well you see," I started explaining as my words started to slur a bit. "It turns out that McDreamy is McMarried! And his bitchy wife shows up at the hospital right as we were about to leave." I saw a shocked look on Joe's face. "And nowwww, I am here. Explaining to my favorite bartender about my personal issues."

"Wow, that's tough, Meredith. Also, I'm gonna need your keys please." Joe knew that I was going to be hammered by the time I was ready to leave the bar. I got my keys from my bag and handed it to him.

All of a sudden, a handsome man sits down at the seat next to me. I try to look at him subtly, but I fail due to me being drunk.

"Can I buy you a drink?" The man asks me while chuckling seeing how drunk I already was.

"I don't knowww, that may be a bad idea! But whatever, right?" The man smiles at me and he looks at me with his beautiful blue eyes.

"So, do you come here often?" He asked as he took a sip of whatever he's drinking.

"Not really, I've only been here a few times," I replied while giving him my best smile. "What about you?"

"Nope, never been here. I actually just moved here and I'm looking for some friends."

After a few seconds of silence, I asked, "Well, what's your story?"

"I don't have a story, I'm just a guy in a bar."

I looked at him and replied, "I'm just a girl in a bar." I smiled at him and I clinked my shot glass to his cup. I took the shot and afterwards, I just stared at this man.

"Oh, and by the way, I'm Mark Sloan," he said while laughing and giving me his hand to shake.

"It's very nice to meet you, Mark. I'm Meredith Grey," I smiled and shook his hand.

All of a sudden, the world goes blank. All the feelings of sadness went away and just for a few moments, it was just me and this mysteriously handsome man at the bar. All the sounds of laughter faded and all I could see was him in front of me. I stood up and walked a step towards him. He did the same. Our hands are still holding from our handshake a few seconds ago. I let go of his hand and put my right hand on his chest. I pull him closer and my lips place a kiss on his. He grabs my waist as we share a passionate kiss.

I pulled away after a few seconds and asked, "Wanna get outta here?"

"Yes please," he responded. And with that, we left the bar and made our way to his car.