Combat and Confession

[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]

As soon as Anakin arrived back at the Temple he rushed to Barriss' quarter.

"Enter." Barriss said from the inside of the room. As Anakin walked in, Barriss stood up from her meditation.

"Barriss, I need to talk to you."

"Master Skywalker, how can I help you?"

"I was told that you spoke with Ahsoka before she was arrested." Anakin used the Force to grab her lightsaber off the table. "What did you say to her?"

"We've been friends for a long time. I was only trying to help her. I hope I'm not in any trouble."

Anakin inspected her lightsaber and responded, "It's no trouble. I just need to know what you told her, and if you told anyone else."

"No, I thought I had a clue for her, but I really couldn't tell her anything. Who told you I spoke to her?" Barriss said calmly.

"Ventress. She told me." Anakin said in a deep and threatening voice.

"Ventress? Isn't she the one Ahsoka says is really behind all this?"

"That's what Ahsoka says, but I think she's wrong. Ventress thinks someone else is involved."

"And you believe her? Who else could it be if not her? Surely not Ahsoka."

"No, I don't think it was Ahsoka either. I think both Ahsoka and Ventress are telling the truth," Barriss' expression started to change, she became nervous as she inched closer to a pot on the floor. "But there's only one way to find out." Anakin quickly ignited her lightsaber and attacked Barriss. Barriss quickly used the Force to grab Ventress' lightsabers from inside the pot, and defended herself. "Funny, those belong to Ventress." Barriss quickly moved out of a defensive form and attacked him. "You should've gotten rid of them!"

"I think they suit me." Barriss started to attack Anakin but he quickly blocked her attacks and kicked her in the stomach and out the door.

Barriss grunted when she hit the floor, but made a fast recovery as she ran off. Anakin swiftly ran down the halls following her.

[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]

Back in the courtroom the Chancellor started speaking, "I'm sure many of you look at this former Jedi and think, 'Surely she can't be this murderer or saboteur that they speak of.' And yet think of all the times we have fooled by the Separatists and how they have infiltrated the Republic and ask yourself, 'Is this another Separatist scheme?' Another way to rip the Jedi, and subsequently all of us, apart."

[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]

Anakin chased Barriss down the Temple halls, attacking her any way he could. "Ahsoka trusted you, and you betrayed her!" He was fueled with anger which made his attacks harder and stronger.

"I've learned that trust is overrated. The only thing the Jedi Council believes in is violence!" Barriss stood in a defensive position getting ready for another attack.

Anakin drew out his lightsaber to complement Barriss' old Jedi lightsaber. Anakin wanted to hear no more of her foolish ideas, he ran straight forth at her with duel lightsabers. As their lightsabers clashed, the crackling sound filled the halls. Barriss held her own pretty well against a well experienced Jedi Knight. She Force-pushed him against a wall as she jumped from a higher ground attacking him. Anakin quickly pushed her off and re-ignited his lightsabers. Temple guards showed up on each side of the hall blocking her escape, she looked around and saw the only way out was the window. She ignited the lightsabers and shattered the tall glass window.

"Barriss!" Anakin yelled, running after her. Their lightsabers collided, little did they know the younglings were training outside on a level just below them. The younglings looked up to see the battle. Barriss kicked Anakin off the platform as he tumbled down grunting.

"Look out!" A youngling yelled as Barriss jumped off to attack Anakin. Anakin barely recovered from the fall but he flipped over and shaped his lightsabers into an 'x' to block the blow. Anakin and Barriss both lost a lightsaber, but Anakin was already inching the lightsaber to her neck. Barriss looked around and saw the Temple guards starting to surround them, but Barriss wasn't giving up without a fight, she attacked him again but to her dismay Anakin wasn't going to lose this battle either. 

He was getting irritated by Barriss' attacks, he tapped into the dark side before continuing to fight her. Barriss was starting to lose, she barely held her own against Anakin's attacks. Barriss started to go for the final blow but Anakin used the Force to bash her into a tree. 

Anakin closed in on her getting ready to bring her to justice for her crimes.

[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]

"The members of the court have reached a decision." A court member said.

"Ahsoka Tano, by an overwhelming count of-" Chancellor Palpatine was cut off by Anakin who was now bursting into the courtroom.

"Chancellor." Anakin said.

Padmé, Lux and Ahsoka all looked over to Anakin with a glimmer of hope.

"I hope you have a reason for bursting into our proceedings, Master Skywalker." said the Chancellor

"I'm here with evidence and a confession from the person responsible for all the crimes Ahsoka has been accused of." Anakin stepped aside to reveal Barriss handcuffed and surrounded by Temple guards. "Barriss Offee, member of the Jedi Order, and traitor!" Barriss walked up to reveal herself to the rest of the courtroom.

Ahsoka's eyes shot open as she heard Anakin's words. She looked over to her best friend, handcuffed.

"Barriss, is that true?" Ahsoka said in disbelief.

"Tell them the truth." Anakin said to Barriss.

"I did it, because I've come to realize what many of people in the Republic have come to realize, that the Jedi are the ones responsible for this war, that we've so lost our way, that we have become villains in this conflict, that we are the ones who should be put on trial, all of us! And my attack on the Temple was an attack on what the Jedi have become, an army fighting for the dark side, fallen from the light we once held so dear! This Republic is failing! It's only a matter of time!"

"Take her away." The Chancellor said in disgust. The guards ignited their double bladed lightsabers as they escorted her out.

Anakin looked at Ahsoka with a small smile, silently telling her that everything was now alright. Ahsoka smiled in return but soon looked down thinking of Barriss' betrayal and falling to the dark side. 

HEYYY! Sorry I didn't post this Sunday, I know my publishing dates have been inconsistent. I'll try better. 

Anyway, what did you all think of today's (long) chapter??? Comments are welcome!

Total Word Count: 1,213

I enjoyed writing this chapter because it shows Barriss' side to Ahsoka's expulsion and accusation. She sees through the 'evil' of the Jedi and Republic. (I don't really mean evil but in Barriss' point of view the Jedi and Republic are evil). And Barriss' ideas stay with Ahsoka which causes her to see the wrongs of the Jedi and Republic, especially the betrayal of the Jedi Order which she cherished so much, which also causes her to forge her own path away from the Jedi. 

May the Force be with you! 

xo, Kimi