sees me - jack

a/n: this is heavily inspired by the song ' When He Sees Me ' and all lyrics belong to the original author. this one is from your perspective.

" Well thats settled. " Jack says, letting his hands drop to his desk with a flourish. " You're flying out next week. "

I had been kind of zoned out for majority of our conversation, offhandedly mentioning that even if I wanted to meet up with him, I didn't have the funds to do so.

Clearly, he took this as a challenge.

" Wait what? Jack- "

He looked into his camera, and enunciated, " You're flying out. Next. Week. "

I quickly turned my camera on and started speaking quickly, words falling out of my mouth. " Jack, you didn't need to do that, I would have bought a ticket eventually, did you actually buy a ticket? You're ridiculous, you can't just buy a plane ticket for me! "

He nonchalantly looked up to his ceiling, and said " I can and I did. Now, I have to go because it's " He checked the time quickly, " 3 am, and I'm exhausted. I'll talk to you tomorrow and I'll see you soon. "  He ends the call abruptly.

My hands freeze in shock for a moment, hovering over my keyboard.

I'd had romantic feeling towards Jack for a while now, but he never reciprocated those emotions. They were strong enough now, over a whole ocean, what was it going to be like in person?

I opened up me and Nikis DMs. She was the only person I trusted enough to tell I liked Jack.

____________________________

niki<3

Niki
nkki
NIKI
N
I
K
I

Yes? What is it?

we have to call
right now
____________________________

She joined my call quickly, and I spewed the information of the last minute. " NIKI JACKS FLYING ME OUT FROM NEW YORK TO THE UK AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. " Nikis face lit up, and I know she would try to convince me he felt the same way I did. But he didn't.

" He's what? " She asked, smile evident not only on her face, but practically dripping from her voice. " Nikiii, " I drag out.

" Come on, it's so obvious he likes you! " Her soft accent making the words phonetically different than my American accent. " No he doesn't Niki, besides what am I supposed to do when we meet in person? "

" Just be your self, he already loves you. " I open my mouth to protest, but she cuts me off. " If not romantically then at least platonically. "

" Oh god, what if when he sees me, " I say, and Niki leans forward in her seat.

" I like him and he knows it? "

She clicks her tongue, " What if he opens up a door? " She questions.

" And I can't close it. " I finish her question.

She sighs and says " Just go all in, trust me. "

And I did trust Niki.

a/n: oooh you see what I did there 👀😏

—-time skip to next week——

I picked up my bag from the baggage claim, the bright blue contrasting the dull environment. Starting to look around I don't spot Jack right away so I take out my phone and try to call him.

Before it rings even once I feel a rush of air behind me and get a pair of arms around me, lifting me quickly.

I was scared out of my mind and I flail my legs in the air, and pushing my arms against the persons holding me.

The person sets me down, and I turn swiftly to be met with a pair of excited brown eyes staring back at mine.

" Jack?!? " I say loudly, and probably startling the people around us. " You scared the shit out of me! " I exclaimed, smacking his upper arm. I looked up at him in a mixture of dismay and disbelief.

Practically jumping into his arms I hugged him tightly, happy to see my closest friend in person. " Yeah it was a great opportunity if I do say so myself. " He says over the top of my head.

I pull back and say, " The plan was simple... " We loudly dissolve into comfortable laughter, Jack holding my upper back close to him.

We split apart and started through the airport. Suitcase in my left hand and carry-on in the other, me and Jack made our way out of the airport until we reached the front.

" I can't believe your actually here. " Jack said. " Like look at me, look at me. " He gently placed his hands on my opposite shoulder and turned me towards him.

" Yeah Jack. I am here. Big shock. " I say gesturing around the airport. He took a step closer and I started blushing slightly from the close contact.

" Yknow I bought the ticket but for a minute I didn't think you were gonna come. " I moved his hands off my shoulders and lightly folded my arms behind his neck. " I thought you were gonna flake on me. " He says. " I could never do that to you Jack. " I let him know softly.

" Oh yeah? Why's that? " He challenged.

I felt my body tense in his arms and I knew he noticed. Every bone in my body seemed to tense and want to scream 'BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!' But I have more self control than that.

So I said it instead of screamed it.

" Because I love you Jack. " I said, genuinely.

" You what? " He said to me, and I knew I fucked up.

I push out of his hold, suddenly not feeling welcome, like an intruder. I sigh, turning around and rubbing my hands through my hair. " I caught feelings for you, and I love you Jack. I'm so sor- " He cuts me off by turning me towards him.  It's then that I see the happiness in his eyes and I feel my heart flutter with a twinge of hope.

" You think I don't love you? " Jack says, almost jovially. My eyes flit to the right and a small smile starts to break out on my face. " You... " I begin, pointing to him, " love me? " switching my hands direction to point at me. 

He smoothly stepped up to me, and leaned down. " Of course I do. " I reached up to put my hands on his face, and I paused briefly, before pulling him down for our lips to meet in a soft kiss.

People describe their first kiss with someone they loved as electric, spine tingling, etcetera. But I know that finally being able to kiss Jack... just felt as if I was finally whole. Completed. I was home with him.

Jack folded over me, swinging me slightly back, and I pulled him down with me. He kept his hands on my waist, keeping us stable.

We finally broke apart, and laughed slightly at our situation.

Needless to say, Niki was thrilled.