Chapter 7

Boruto regained cognizance in what looked like to be a cell. 

The walls were fortifying and ancient the blonde noted, as he took in the timeworn surroundings. The hunks of stone that barricaded him inside of the cell had moss growing on some sides of its brick, with either dirt or very miniature particles of dust that clung onto it. The door to his side possessed a twisting sealing formula that made him question the intricacies of the fuinjutsu that was laid out before him, and he dragged his body up from his laying position to examine it closer. He peered down to his wrists to reconfirm the complex seals that were still planted on him. He then glanced over his teammates' bodies. Mirror copies of the binds still remained on his teammates' limbs. The four ninjas would be restrained from their ninjutsu for who knows how long.  

He turned his head to Sarada, who was lying right next to him unconsciously. Boruto couldn't help but take a glance at her face. He hadn't seen her in so long, and now the person who was lying right in front of him looked like a different person. 

"You haven't changed a bit..." Sarada had said to him. 

"Yeah yeah, you haven't changed whatsoever too..." Boruto had replied.

Sure, he had believed nothing had really changed with Sarada Uchiha when he first reunited with her. But now in a different perspective, the idea of Sarada being...attractive...

Chills quivered down his spine.

He quickly shook the thought of that away. Not with Mr. Sasuke alive--never, ever, ever in my lifetime will I even think of that thought again. 

He sort of thought he was being insensitive for admiring his friend's appearance, considering the fact that he had much deeper feelings for Sarada Uchiha. But he wasn't going to make that statement official in his head. Nope. Boruto Uzumaki waved the thought of that away. 

Boruto then realized how absolutely creepy he must have been for even thinking of personal feelings for his teammate. He didn't want to make Sarada feel uncomfortable by him so he immediately darted his attention away. 

After a few moments of silence--and boredom, he tried shaking the Uchiha awake.

"Sarada..! Wake up..." he whispered-yelled. Sarada remained inert. 

Boruto then contemplated waking up Mitsuki and Kawaki next since Sarada seemed unresponsive, but then the blonde decided to whisper-yell at his teammate once again for no apparent reason. 

"What are you doing?" she growled in a faint voice. She tried sitting up from her position, but then she was led crashing right into the front of Boruto's face. Almost. 

The two were only a few inches away from each other--and Boruto deemed it was the most embarrassing situation he had ever been in. He slightly blushed as he pulled away from her...

...Only after a few intense moments of intense staring, that was. He wanted to smack his own face. 

Both of the teens avoided eye contact as Boruto chuckled in embarrassment. Sarada shook off the interaction with a mildly uninterested-face, but Boruto saw her hide an amused smirk from him. She's absolutely relishing in my embarrassment.

"I still think you guys make a cute couple," Mitsuki innocently interrupted, scaring the two with outbursts of surprise.

"You're already awake, Mitsuki?" Boruto asked with a shakened voice. He then noticed that Kawaki, too, was already conscious.

"I see we're all awake now," Kawaki said, getting up from his spot in the cell to sit closer to Team 7.

***