Osiris

"Lila."

"Isa! Oh my god!" Lila ran up to Isa with a worried look, as if she didn't just threaten Marinette right in front of her. "Are you okay? I saw everything! That incompetent Ladybug should have rescued you sooner!"

"Lila, I appreciate your thoughts, but what did you just say to Marinette?" She asked, feeling a wave of guilt rush over her as she noticed Marinette's face.

"I was just telling Marinette what to say to our classmate, Chloe!" She pleaded. She looked over to Marinette for validation, a grimm look in her eyes. Marinette looked as if she was about to nod before Isadora walked over to Marinette.

"I just ran into Adrien. He told me everything. About your relationship with him, about your warnings against Marinette, about Volpina." She glared. "How the hell did I fall for all of that? I guess I am an idiot." She scoffed, turning to Marinette with a look of guilt and sorrow. "I'm sorry. I should have listened to you."

Marinette's eyes lit up, as if this was the first time that no one has believed. All she could do was give a weak smile and a slow nod. Lila's facial expression turned into something horrid, as if she had just felt a sense of betrayal.

"Fine, you want to hang with a spoiled brat? I don't blame you. That show you put on was a total case of second hand embarrassment." She scoffed, turning around to leave. "You just lost your only friend."

Isadora felt emptiness take over. Her gut feeling had not gone away, and that somehow just made it worse. She lowered her head, scratching her hand rather roughly. Marinette caught note of what she was doing and grabbed her wrist, taking her hand into her own.

"I don't blame you for falling into Lila's lies. Everyone in my class believes her, including my best friend." She said, looking disappointed. "Please tell me the truth, did she say anything about me?"

Isadora was hesitant, but she figured she should tell her everything in return for what she did. "A lot. Most of her words were about you stalking Adrien Agreste." She explained. "About how he wanted a restraining order against you as well. She made you seem like a total creep."

Marinette looked astonished, but quickly realized what she was saying quickly. She sighed heavily, leaning against the sink. "Please don't judge me for this, it was a while ago. I've changed."

"Oh no."

"Isadora!"

Isadora laughed, punching Marinette in the arm playfully. "Don't worry. At this point, I'll believe anything you say over her." She smiled. "Tell you what. Tell me what you did, and I'll tell you something I did that was pretty embarrassing."

Marinette smiled. "Okay, so I sort of did crush over Adrien hard in our first year together. At one point, I even stole his phone. He's the literal definition of perfection, a walking angel." She looked into the mirror, seemingly upset again. "I thought he was the one. I got busy all of a sudden and started to wonder if love was even worth it. Plus, I've met his father. He's an awful excuse of a human being and never lets him be himself. I want to be there for him, but I don't think love is the answer." She turned around to face Isadora. "We're best friends now, and I feel that he's doing better."

"You never know, you may still have a chance?" Isadora raised a brow.

"Maybe, but I'm trying to tell myself that I'm not ready. I stuttered and tripped over myself whenever I was around him. Something happened, and my life has been hard to manage. I don't think I need a boyfriend right now." She shrugged. "Yeah, I did like Adrien. Lila has been targeting me ever since she found out."

"I feel awful now." She sighed. "You seem amazing, and I can tell you're a good friend for giving him space." She smiled. "My turn."

Marinette looked at Isadora with anticipation, a bit curious to what she had to say.