Chapter 5 - First Day Of School Joy!

Dedicated to KiaraLondon for her awesome series check them out! :)

(Love to hate you, Hate to Love you, No Cliche) Courtney to the side ---------------------------------------------/-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know that dreaded feeling you get in the pits of your stomach? That nervous feeling that eats away at you? That was exactly what I was feeling as I woke up on that dreaded Monday, it was Dooms Day, my first day at school. The nervous feeling continued gnawing away at my insides and with a defeated sigh I climb out of bed an hour before my alarm clock. I walk straight into my bathroom and peel off my clothes, taking advantage of the extra time by washing my hair. Once done, I wrap my hair up in my towel and wear some white jeans and navy blue off-the-shoulder top. I grab my bag and place the essentials inside; dumping it in the downstairs' hallway I walk into the kitchen to pour myself some Coco Puffs.

Swirling the chocolate cereal around with my spoon as thoughts of what could happen today run through my mind. Let's see...I could meet a stuck-up bitch, who runs the school and likes terrifying new students; or end up humiliating myself in some....well humiliating way or...Stop it Mia don't talk yourself out of this, you're strong enough to handle a stuck-up queen bee and/or an embarrassing scene.

After I finish my cereal I rush back upstairs, going into the bathroom to brush my teeth and curl my hair. I finish curling the last lock of hair and place a hair band over my hair letting my fringe hang loose. Doing it once over in the mirror I smile in satisfaction. My curled hair reached a few inches below my shoulder, the fringe swept to the right and my brown eyes framed by my naturally long eyelashes. Swiping a light layer of red lip gloss over my lips I check the time, it was a quarter to eight. Well that gives me forty five minutes before homeroom.

While I wait for Chase to get ready I go into the living room to watch some TV, amusing myself with Dora The Explorer. I never got the point of this show; in fact it's quite irritating to watch. I mean what's with the whole "Swiper no swiping" thing?! I change the channel, trying to find something interesting to watch when I hear Chase come down, at quarter past eight. How long does he need to get ready?! Honestly! He takes more time than me.

"Hey Mia, are you ready to go?" Chase asks, not even waiting for my answer before walking out of the room.

"Well, good morning to you too" I grumble swinging my bag onto my shoulders and following him down the driveway to where Jake's car was parked; Jake himself leaning against it waiting for us. Apparently the boys had arranged a plan where we all drive to school together until my parents buy a car for Chase, us being neighbours just made that much more convenient.

Chase just gives me an amused look, before doing one of those man hug things with Jake. I offer Jake a small smile before climbing into the backseat. He gives me a smile in return before striking up a conversation with my brother. A few minutes into the drive my phone vibrates with a text from Courtney asking where I was. I type back a short reply telling her to meet me in the office in roughly five minutes, since the drive to school wasn't long.

"Amelia. Amelia are you even listening?" Chase asks in an annoyed tone.

"Huh?" I whip my head to look at him zoning back to my surroundings, what can I say day dreaming comes easily to me. Chase rolls his eyes and Jake laughs.

"Meet Jake and I at his car after school we're going to the new diner Mum and Dad bought" he answers and I nod, not really listening. Before I knew it we were parked in the school's car park, I hop out of the car giving Chase a quick hug turning to walk into the school but get blocked by Jake.