Chapter 7

You sit on the cold bathroom floor. Tears streaming down your face as your knees are tucked to your eyes. You rest your forehead on your knees.

After a few minutes you perk up slowly. You check your phone to see the time. 2:58 am. You went to bed less than three hours ago but got woken up by the same dream you has a few days before. You manage to wake up silently and head to the bathroom downstairs to not disturb Clay with your weeps. The dream was mostly the same but some parts were different.

You are on the beach again. You see Clay standing ankle deep in the water. You again can't hear anything. It is night and like before the waves stop moving in and out from the shore. It isn't you who collapses this time. Its Clay. You hear all his attempted gasps for air as his lungs slowly deflate as he falls to the floor seconds later. Why can't it be me? You thought while you cried sinking to the floor in what seemed like a glass chamber. Your weeps echoing as you hear Clay's unsuccessful gasps. You are laying on the floor seeing the love of your life slowly die like you did right in front of you. As you hear his gasping stop and him fade away, you hear yourself pounding on the invisible chamber. "No!" you cry. You see his helpless body on the floor wanting to rush out and lay with him but you were powerless. Then. You woke up.

Now, here you are. Sobbing on the floor, sitting on the cold, shallow white tile. It was one thing seeing yourself die in that situation but a whole different thing when you see someone you love like that. Falling to the floor, lifeless. Deaf to the outside world. It hurts seeing it.

You just want all the pain to go away. You want everything to be pushed to the side and forgotten.

You spend the rest of the night in the bathroom just sitting and crying from time to time. The thoughts drowning you somewhere too deep to escape.

At around 9 am, you hear a small knock on the door. "Y/n?" you hear Clays voice say softly. It breaks you hearing it. Your mind replays the awful sounds of him struggling for air. You squeeze your eyes shut trying not to let any tears or sound escape.

"Yeah?" you say. Your voice sounding broken and cracked. It's obvious you have been crying.

"You okay?" he asks keeping his voice calm and quiet.

You take a minute to answer as you swallow down all your dark thoughts you want to tell him. "Yeah, I am okay. I will be out in a second."

You collect yourself and wipe your tears before standing up. You look in the mirror seeing your eyes and nose red. You take out some concealer and makeup you left in the drawer in that bathroom and apply it covering any signs you were crying. You finish by applying mascara and eyeliner to tie it all together.

You walk out of the bathroom and into the living room seeing Clay on the couch. "Sorry, I was messaging Bad and got pretty distracted."

"On the toilet?" He asks.

"No, no. I used the toilet and washed my hands when Bad texted me. I sat down and starting messaging him back," you say. Clay nods.

"I didn't know you and Bad spoke," he says. We don't... I have never talked to Bad.

"Yeah, we don't often but we chatted for a bit," you say.

"Why were you down here? You could have used our bathroom?" Clay asks.

"I was cooking breakfast. Well, I was going to after I went to the bathroom," you say. Clay nods and gets up.

"What were you making? Maybe I can make it for the lady."

"I was going to make French Toast because it sounds good for the moment," you say.

"Well, the kitchen is your palace. I can only cook pancakes and pizza," he says smiling while he pulls me up into a hug. He kisses my cheek and lets me go cook.