20

I have given a lot of thought to write this one!
Your views are welcome!
Like, comment and share!

_______________________________________

3 years later

This span of 3 years had changed many things for Anu and Arjun.
Arjun's shop was not small anymore.
It was now a local provider of all the stationery items in Mumbai.
Going by the name, 'Shiksha Stationers', Arjun had done an exquisite job of expanding the business, by grabbing big orders from various convent schools and big universities which helped him to expand his horizons.

But, now, after 'Shiksha Stationers' had become a trustworthy name, Arjun had changed his targets.
Now, he himself approached small NGO's and orphanages or municipality schools and provided his products. Sometimes for free and other times for a meagre price.

He knew what his parents went through to give the best education to both their children as they can. These less privileged children reminded him of his childhood. It gave a sense of relief to him, to be able to make their childhood a tad bit easier.
It's what his father had taught him.

Never forget where you come from!

His academic performance suffered a bit due to the business, though. But not so much. He was always interested in the concepts, rather than the tactics to score more! So, he didn't care if he was not in the top 5 scorers. He knew he was going to be a hell of a doctor. As for Radhika, things were getting better, gradually, thanks to Arjun's patience. Well, she still had a lot of friends and, suspicious ones, according to Anjali. She always had a thing for acting and dancing! So, naturally, when she announced after her 12th that she wanted to pursue a career in the same, Anjali was furious as hell. It was a very normal thing in middle-class families to frown upon such career choices. It was a common notion that acting was a very unstable profession and, for a girl to do a career in it, well, it was the most scandalous thing.

But, as always, Arjun believed in her passion for acting and supported her, on the condition that she would act only in regional Marathi acts and plays, for now. Also to his mother's relief, Arjun had sternly warned Radhika, that the next time she behaves irresponsibly, will be her last day in the acting field. Radhika was shocked to hear this threat! As she knew her dada never gave such threats, she somehow knew its best if she behaved this time.

On the other side of Mumbai, Anu had her share of troubles. Her Janvi di, eventually, had to succumb to their family's wishes, when they brought Akshay's match for her. With an MBA degree in business and a good, reputed family in the elite world, Janvi had no solid reason to reject him. Anu tried her best to convince her father, Rajesh, that janvi is not ready for a marriage, but like every other parent, Rajesh was adamant to not let such a good match go in vain. It went without saying that Vijayadevi was all praises about Akshay who would be married to her favourite granddaughter! Even Janvi had surrendered completely. Well, as an elder daughter, she knew her duties well.

"Don't fret! Who knows? Maybe Akshay will let me study further even after marriage. If all our elders are convinced, then he must be a good guy for me!" She had once said to Anu.

But Anu had observed her sister going through sleepless nights, doing wishful thinking about doing further studies in business.

As a result, despite all Anu's efforts to stop this marriage, Janvi was married to Akshay in a grand ceremony a year ago. Now they both lived in Delhi! Anu just wished that her dii is happy!
On the academic front, Anu was as always, the topper of her batch.

"This girl is a pain in the ass!" Ronit entered the canteen muttering, and settled in the chair, opposite Anu, who was busy checking any last-minute errors in her assignment.
"She says the same about you!" Anu said, eyes trained on her book.