Chapter 23

Lilian Carson POV

As soon as we enter the room, I was blasted with loud music, it was 'Die Young' by Kesha. Disco lights were flashing the whole room and the stage was lighted with spotlights along with poles. The girls standing on the stage were stripping down their clothes, some were dancing around the pole, completely naked. Wait is this a strip club? Majority of the people were wearing masquerade mask except the strippers. smoky bar, filled with strangers, most of them leering at scantily-clad girls twisting and grinding on a pole. Some people were smoking pipes with a glass of single malt in one hand. Fistful of banknotes were laying on the stage where the strippers were stripping their clothes. I have never been to a strip club before and this is making me very uncomfortable.

"This is not a party, it's a strip club" I said looking at Alexander. I couldn't tell his expression cause of less lighting and the mask on his face.

"It's more than your eyes meet, do what I tell you to do and be careful" he said. The people around me was making my anxiety increase. Smell of sweat and alcohol filled the air. My grip around Alexander's arm became tight. People were grinding against the naked girls and making out. The sight was uncomfortable. I followed Alexander, he is the only one I feel safe around at this moment. He suddenly stop. He reached out to his belt, which had a hidden compartment for some reason. He took out a little glass container.

"See that guy wearing red shirt with a party hat on his head?" Said Alexander while pointing me towards the man. The guy was not wearing any mask and he looked scary. What does he want with him?

"Yes" I said. Alexander handed me the glass container. I read the label and I was shocked, my eyes widen. It was poison, is Alexander seriously planning to kill some guy? But why?

"Talk to that guy, distract him and then put the pills in his drink" he said. What? I am not doing that. I can't kill someone, that shit will haunt me my whole life. My hands turn cold, it's not possible.

"Don't worry the affect of the poison hits later. Also don't try to use the trick of seducing cause that man is a rapist" said Alexander while scanning the room. He is a rapist? I am not even going near him. How can Alexander do that with me? Can't he see I am scared?

"I can't do that, why don't you do it?" I said. When he said party, I didn't thought he meant war.

"I have some other things to settle, I'll keep an eye on you, you'll be safe. But if you don't kill that man one of us is going to die tonight" said Alexander while bringing his lips closer to my ear. Shiver ran down my spine. We will die? Am I going to die tonight? I don't want my life to end like this.

"Why can't you do this?" I asked stuttering.

"He seemed to be more pleased when it's a woman than a man. Your time starts now" he said. I felt Alexander walked away from me, soon he was disappeared into the crowd. I felt like people were staring at me and laughing. My breathing became irregular, I felt like suffocating.

One of us will die if you don't kill him. The words were making my thoughts clouded. I don't have any choice, I have to do it. The time was ticking. I don't want to die here neither I want Alexander to die. I breath in and breath out. I grabbed a beer from the counter and chug it down. I don't want to be sober and feel disgusted, scared and nervous. I fix my dress and straighten my posture. I have to act confident. My hands were shaking, I can't kill anyone. What if I messed up?
If I don't kill him, would he kill me? Adrenaline was rushing in me. I was hyperventilating, I have to do this. I took a glass of champagne and walk towards the man. Don't seduce.

*Trigger warning ahead*

"Hello handsome" I said with a smile. The man stare at me, his eyes were black, he had a slit in his eyebrow and a ducktail beard. The man smiled at me. I need to stay at a distance from him.