18

Eighteen: Edward And Bella

Words: 2088

The weekend had passed. Every time someone mentions her my mind would slip. I was becoming worse at hiding my thoughts from Edward, but he didn't tease me or say anything about it. He seemed happier, and maybe understood that I really did not want him telling anyone. I wasn't embarrassed about her, if anything being with her was like some award I didn't deserve. She was something I knew I shouldn't have, but did.

"Edward's picking Bella up today, so we have to pick Evelynn up!" Alice told us.

  "I'm not letting that girl in my car." Rosalie snarled.

  "Well then Jasper and I could pick her up." Alice supposed.

  "Why do you need to come with, it would be easier if just one of us went." I reminded her. Alice did want Evelynn and I to spend time together, but she also wanted things to move in the vampire way. Unlike Bella, Evelynn moved at her own pace, and didn't bother trying to be perfect for the people she liked. Of course Evelynn had slight problems, Bella's were worse and fairly obvious.

"Hmm, fine. You'll pick her up on your own." Alice decided. She and the rest of our family hopped into Rosalie's car, while I took my own.

Rosalie sped away and took the shortest route to school, while I took the slightly longer, and only other route to school. There was a very long other way, but it would break the treaty, going onto Quileutes res.

I got to Evelynn's house just after she stepped out and saw the old, rusted, orange truck.

"Well shit—oh never mind." She said as she saw me. She was dressed in a plain black shirt and zip-up sweatshirt, and grey, oversized sweatpants. Her hair was in one loose braid draped over her left shoulder. She looked nice, even if she was wearing what most considered, "comfortable clothing."

  I knew they were comfortable, but clothes didn't bother me, and back then we didn't really have comfortable clothing, besides pajamas.

  "Good morning." I smiled.

  "Morning. I woke up ten minutes ago. I knew Bella already left, but I didn't realize Charlie was working early today." She explained her clothing.

"Just so you know, you always look nice." I complimented, only a light blush appeared. It wouldn't have been as noticeable if I was human. Humans wouldn't find small things like a blush appealing in the two ways I did. One, was utterly disgusting, and I could never imagine myself doing it, the second one of my favorite thoughts. She blushed because of me, and it wasn't in anger, fear, or embarrassment.

  "Thank you." She said sincerely, buckling up as I pulled out of the driveway. "Thanks for the ride, and the compliment." She added only a few seconds later.

  "You're welcome, ma'am." I smiled. My southern accent had lessened over the years, but it was still just barely noticeable. Most people over rode the thought because of the fact that Rosalie and I were supposed to be twins.

"I'm hoping Bella likes the attention. I'm a bit upset." She admitted, her tone a little bitter. I nodded, letting her know I was listening. "I know she likes Edward, but she could have woken me up. She knew I was sleeping. I'm normally up and downstairs before she can even grab her clothes to shower. It's not her responsibility, though, and I get it. Her excitement to see Edward probably distracted her. Now that I say it aloud it's stupid to be mad." She clearly wasn't one to talk about her feelings. She was going to dismiss them, even if they were wrong in some instances, she shouldn't feel the need to dismiss her feelings.