Them

What I love about them is that here he is, the feared and terrifying Supreme Leader. Everyone is afraid to look at him with his enormous size and horrible mask that evokes nightmares. He's killed before and could again with just a flick of his fingers. He commands ships and rules with no mercy, storming around in high intensity. Not to mention the unstable saber that has killed many.

Yet, Rey.

Rey has seen him at his most vulnerable. She's heard him say please. She's seen tears in his eyes. She's watched him flinch as she threw his worst nightmare back in his face. She's one of the very few that's seen him without his mask. She doesn't hesitate to mock him for it. To mock him, period.

She's the only creature in the entire Galaxy who isn't afraid of him. Isn't afraid to fight him. Isn't afraid to call him out on his bullshit. She is the only one who can face him head on and walk away unscathed.

Rey has this whole dynamic, this whole relationship with him that no one else does. She challenges him. She seizes him and holds him in the palm of her hand.

She's seen him plead for her, his eyes sad. She's heard him comfort her in her moment of weakness. She's seen him remove not only his mask but his gloves for her, a symbol of his strength. She's seen his lip quiver and his hand shake in want for her. She's heard his offer to teach her, even though he's never offered that to anyone. She's received an invitation to rule the galaxy by his side, as his friend and partner, lover and wife.

She's nobody, an orphan. Not even trained in the force. Yet he respects her. He's never respected anyone. Until her.

Rey has simply turned his world into utter chaos and he's okay with that. He's ready to hand her the keys to his kingdom. To his heart. She's now his everything.

She never admits it to herself but the utter love she has for this man lights the galaxy on fire. He gets her like no one else does. He holds her in the palm of his hand. At first, she's infuriated. She hates him. Ahh but how close is hate to love? How close is anger to passion? She soon finds out when she finally holds him in her arms, after thinking all is naught.

When she has him, face to face, no more obstacles to keep them apart, she kisses him like she's always wanted to. She runs her hands all over his beautiful face, the one that no one else gets to see but her.

She has privileges to the Supreme Leader. Her. The orphan. The scavenger. She is his queen. Maybe not in official title but in the only way that matters. In his eyes, his heart and his soul.

Ben Solo gives her something he's never truly given anyone. The keys to his true self.

Something else too. His smile.

It lights up her world, her galaxy.

For he truly is beautiful.

Only for her though.

Only for Rey.