Deceitful days

Pov - Aaron Wilsbee

My eyes flicker open, gradually looking around at the now blank white walls, a smell soon flooding into my senses. The scent that belongs to her. The scent I once enjoyed, but now only brought me pain.

Before any of my thoughts break me down a small voice enters my thoughts, "Daddy, mommy wants to talk to you in the kitchen" a petite girl with a bow tied back into her blonde hair, smiles happily at me. Of course, she wouldn't know what was going on, how was I suppose to tell her? A kid her age shouldn't be worrying about her parents divorce, she should be preoccupied with her Barbie and Ken wedding, which she had in a matter of days.

A chuckle came out of my mouth as a hand went to ruffle her hair. "Is that right? Well, then we shouldn't keep her waiting, should we?"

"Nope!" 

Grunts fall out of my mouth as I lift my body off the mattress, going to grab my daughter's hand in mine. Walking down the stairs, swinging are arms and listening to the soft voice singing something she had made up. 

However, a body was turning, facing towards us, a face I grew sick of. I saw her standing by the kitchen counter, hands filling with papers. Divorce papers to be exact. 

A tired voice speaks out, making me grip my daughter's hand a bit tighter. "Daisy, can you give me and your dad some space to talk?" Daisy soon nods and lets go of my hand and for some reason it hurts. My mind racing telling me to grab her back, but I could only watch as she walks to her room. 

As soon as the door closes that sickening voice enters my ears again. "Aaron, you just need to sign here and...here." her bony finger showing where. "Then we can part ways until the court case. Got it?" 

Nodding, I grab the pen and start writing my signature. Smiling, she quickly rips the paper out of my sight, reading over it. "Thank you, next we'll talk about child custody." 

Words fell out of that sour mouth so quickly I almost couldn't catch it. Wait, was she taking my kid? "Y-you can't take her away from me!" I let out, the atmosphere becoming tense at the statement. 

A mock scoff was all that I hear as she calls for Daisy once again. A pink bag was now being tossed over Savannah's shoulder as it was filled with Daisy's belongings. Their feet moving quickly across the floor panels, the sound of the door creaking open and shut. 

My fists clenching and unclenching as I thought of the only joy I had was now ripping from me. Thinking back to all of the smiles, love, and laughter we had flashing right before my eyes. Then as quickly as it had come it turned grey as the fights, yelling, and leaving had moved forward. 

What am I suppose to do now?

Shoulders sank as I move around the kitchen looking into the cupboard next to the fridge. The secret corner that only us two knew, holding inside were memories. Memories of the both of us; especially the day Daisy became a part of our lives, the happiest day of mine.

Soon albums of are story came toppling out, pictures upon pictures being disclosed over the tiled floor. Seeing the similar faces of my friends and my soon-to-be wife at the time. Something caught my eyes as a letter flutters down. Catching it in my grasps as I open it up to reveal cursive writing. Looking over it as it was written a day after the wedding, from my grandfather.

Of course, the beginning congratulated me and Savannah at the time, but it changed. Saying that if we ever needed help financially or whatever else that came, find him. A smile spread across my face as I remember that my grandfather was a big man and smart, teaching me everything that I know, he was amazing.